Prompt for location information when creating contact in Outlook?

When I am creating a contact in Outlook and enter a phone number in any of
the phone number cells, I get a prompt to set up location information, such
as city, area code, carrier code, and a number when dialing out. The prompt
will not go away; when I click cancel another prompt pops up that asks if I
am sure but notes that the location info prompt may pop up again even if I
select cancel repeatedly.

Any ideas on how to shut this off?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Answer the questions that the prompt asks, and you'll never see it again.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

hhanson

This does not address tha fact that it is a STUPID design. Number 1 it
requests the information and number 2 it hangs up in a loop that only a
user with some Windows OS understanding can exit - using the Task
Manager (Ctl-Alt-Delete) to cancel Outlook!

I regularly have to enter phone numbers for clients in up to 21
countries, some with phone numbers in 3 or 4 countries on at least 2
continents each with its own dialing conventions. Even better when I
have to enter Compuserve and foreign service contact numbers for
multi-national corporate clients - I have, for example, Microsoft in 16
countries in North America, South America, UK, Eastern Europe, Western
Europe, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Phillipines, Japan, China,
Australia, and New Zealand. EACH of these has a different dialing
convention and numbering scheme.

This WINDOWS design trying to guess the correct phone number format
based on some national scheme(s) is ludicrous.

It's even worse that the OS has it embedded AND that it gets it WRONG.
I finally just entered a string of 1's for the field length, the stupid
message took it, and now it messes up all the phone number formats a
bit but I can enter them at least. (Why didn't you answer the question
with REAL advice?)

And we're about to be asked to shell out good money for another spin of
this kind of design.

Hang in there, I may be a MS Windows/Office/Server "expert", but I'm on
the users' side.

Regards,
Henry O. Hanson Phd CCP

Joined
Aug 26, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Sue...Really?

Pull your head our of your ass Sue; how can you possibly call yourself an Outlook anything when this is almost never the answer. Do you really think people are so stupid that they haven't tried that yet? It keeps coming up. Do everyone a favour and stop telling people this; you just look like a tool with your claim that you're an Outlook MVP. I have trouble believing your book would be of use to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.