Program to organize system tray?

Joe Jorgenson

I have a bunch of icons in my system tray (Sygate Firewall, MBM, Weather
Watcher, etc) and I'd like to be able to organize them in an order of my
choosing.

Does such a program exist?

BTW, I'm on XP Home SP2.

John Jay Smith

your wish is my command

http://www.codeproject.com/tools/ShellTrayInfo.asp?df=100&forumid=193290&exp=0&select=1147465

Overview
The Tray Icon Info application lets you enumerate your system tray icons and
rearrange their positions, so that you can have your more frequently used
icons positioned to the left most side (or right most depending on your
personal preference). I wrote this as I got used to having the MSN Messenger
icon on the left most side of the tray and found it annoying and
inconvenient when newly added icons pushed it to the right. I had to exit
and restart MSN Messenger to reposition it where I wanted. This application
simplifies things for me.

Joe Jorgenson

John said:
your wish is my command

http://www.codeproject.com/tools/ShellTrayInfo.asp?df=100&forumid=193290&exp=0&select=1147465

Overview
The Tray Icon Info application lets you enumerate your system tray icons
and rearrange their positions, so that you can have your more frequently
used icons positioned to the left most side (or right most depending on
your personal preference). I wrote this as I got used to having the MSN
Messenger icon on the left most side of the tray and found it annoying and
inconvenient when newly added icons pushed it to the right. I had to exit
and restart MSN Messenger to reposition it where I wanted. This
application simplifies things for me.

This is a good program, but do you know of anything that will load up when
Windows starts?

Ron May

I have a bunch of icons in my system tray (Sygate Firewall, MBM, Weather
Watcher, etc) and I'd like to be able to organize them in an order of my
choosing.

Does such a program exist?

BTW, I'm on XP Home SP2.

Tray Wizard:

With Tray Wizard you can:

- Launch your favourite applications from tray menu.
- Use fixed order of icons in tray.
- Remove icons that are not in use.
- Show/hide icons using predefined key combination.
- Minimize windows to tray or tray menu rather than task panel.
- Manage session/power state of your computer.

Very hard to find a working download link. The original website has
been offline for at least a year or two. I posted the intaller file
here today for anyone interested:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C71F910149EAF006

Link should be good for seven days. Once you get it up and running,
baloon hint says "4.02" but it is v4.03. I've been using this one for
years and wouldn't be without it.

John Jay Smith

put a shortcut in your startup folder?

Im not sure if this helps because I have not used that app...
I just know of its existance

Susan Bugher

Ron said:
Tray Wizard:
Very hard to find a working download link.

erm. . . from the ACF pages. . . ;)

Program: Tray Wizard
Company: TrayWizard Team
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 4.03)
http://www.gratilog.net/systeme1.htm
http://www.gratilog.net/francais/systeme/tw403.exe

The original website has
been offline for at least a year or two. I posted the intaller file
here today for anyone interested:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=C71F910149EAF006

Link should be good for seven days. Once you get it up and running,
baloon hint says "4.02" but it is v4.03. I've been using this one for
years and wouldn't be without it.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware