Product Key

Bruce Morris

I own 5 separate original Windows XP Professional OS's
installed on our 5 home computers that I built myself.

I goofed and didn't put the stickers on the computers
opting to leave them in the sleeve with the disk. I know
which OS's are on two of the computers but I need to put
the stickers on the other three.

Is there some way to display the Product Key on the other
computers so I can get the stickers matched to the os on
the computers?

Ken Blake

In
Bruce Morris said:
I own 5 separate original Windows XP Professional OS's
installed on our 5 home computers that I built myself.

I goofed and didn't put the stickers on the computers
opting to leave them in the sleeve with the disk. I know
which OS's are on two of the computers but I need to put
the stickers on the other three.

Is there some way to display the Product Key on the other
computers so I can get the stickers matched to the os on
the computers?

You can find the Product key with any of these:

ViewKeyXP www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/ViewKeyXP.exe (for Retail
versions only, and for pre-SP2 versions only)

AIDA32 http://www.aumha.org/freeware.htm

Everest http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

Magical Jellybean www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

Belarc Advisor www.belarc.com/free_download.html

John Ski

Subject: Product Key
From: "Bruce Morris" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 10/6/2004 6:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I own 5 separate original Windows XP Professional OS's
installed on our 5 home computers that I built myself.

I goofed and didn't put the stickers on the computers
opting to leave them in the sleeve with the disk. I know
which OS's are on two of the computers but I need to put
the stickers on the other three.

Is there some way to display the Product Key on the other
computers so I can get the stickers matched to the os on
the computers?
KeyFinder, free, from www.magicaljellybean.com

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***