Product Key

Nishikant

Because of virus on my pc I had to re-install Microsoft XP Professional
(Original OS XP Media Edition). This OS CD was bought over a year back and
now ot os not accepting Product Key.
Error : Invalid Product Key.
The Product Key I have is: DWK3J 3K22V QR8PC BP4GJ
Is there an expiry on product keys?

Please respond on my email as I doe not log on this board.

(e-mail address removed)

Thank you in advance.

-nishi

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

Well, now that the entire world has your product key, it probably will never
work.

Peter Foldes

Very smart posting that key. Say goodbye to that CD since it will not work anymore
since the key you posted is for everyone to see and copy which most likely has been
done by now

--
Peter

"Nishikant" > wrote in message > Because of virus on my pc I had to re-install
Microsoft XP Professional

VanguardLH

Nishikant said:
Because of virus on my pc I had to re-install Microsoft XP Professional
(Original OS XP Media Edition). This OS CD was bought over a year back and
now ot os not accepting Product Key.
Error : Invalid Product Key.
The Product Key I have is: DWK3J 3K22V QR8PC BP4GJ
Is there an expiry on product keys?

Hmm, I'm guessing this is a pretense post, that you wanted to hurt
someone so you posted this bogus question to divulge their product key.
Now any hacker that wants to pirate a copy of the same product will try
using that product key and result in authentication failing for the
original owner of that product key. Yep, you were nasty by telling
everyone this person's product key.

Since the product for Windows XP has 5 substrings and you only showed 4
of them, hopefully the owner of that product won't get screwed by your
post.
Please respond on my email as I doe not log on this board.
(e-mail address removed)

If you have the time to post here, you have the time to return here. No
one is going to fall into that old spammer trick of trying to get users
to divulge their true e-mail address.

Mick Murphy

Stop trying to suck people in!
Product Keys are 25 digit, not 20 digit.

And, NO REPLIES to email addresses from here.

Shenan Stanley

Nishikant said:
Because of virus on my pc I had to re-install Microsoft XP
Professional (Original OS XP Media Edition). This OS CD was bought
over a year back and now ot os not accepting Product Key.
Error : Invalid Product Key.
The Product Key I have is: DWK3J 3K22V QR8PC BP4GJ
Is there an expiry on product keys?

Please respond on my email as I doe not log on this board.

(e-mail address removed)

Thank you in advance.

No limits on product keys.

Your product key is incomplete.

If you were actually just not wise on the subject - do not post the rest.

Have someone else type in your product key. The whole thing. (Not here -
on the computer you are installing onto.)

If you were trying to subtly ruin someone's product key - your attempt at
being an a$$ is noted.

In any case - here is your header information:

From: =?Utf-8?B?TmlzaGlrYW50?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Product Key
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:09:01 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics