Product key

Hi there.
I have a laptop with windows vista home premiun. when I reinstall the
windows they want a product key. I got a product key under the laptop. when I
put the key on my laptop they show me productkey is invalid. I have try many
many times but they show me it's invalid and contract with microsoft.com. I
can't log on my laptop.
they show me type another productkey. what can i do for loging on?
thank you.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

If you are having a problem with the product key issued by
your computer manufacturer, you need to contact the computer
manufacturer for support assistance.

Hi there.
I have a laptop with windows vista home premiun. when I reinstall the
windows they want a product key. I got a product key under the laptop. when I
put the key on my laptop they show me productkey is invalid. I have try many
many times but they show me it's invalid and contract with microsoft.com. I
can't log on my laptop.
they show me type another productkey. what can i do for loging on?
thank you.

Alias

Carey said:
If you are having a problem with the product key issued by
your computer manufacturer, you need to contact the computer
manufacturer for support assistance.

Why? It isn't the computer manufacturer who is saying the product key
isn't valid but Microsoft! And, the key is NOT issued by ANYONE but
Microsoft.

Alias
To email me, remove shoes

Andy [YaYa]

Alias said:
Why? It isn't the computer manufacturer who is saying the product key
isn't valid but Microsoft! And, the key is NOT issued by ANYONE but
Microsoft.

Alias
To email me, remove shoes

The OEM or system builder versions of Windows don't come with Microsoft
support, that's why the OS is cheaper. You aren't paying for Microsoft
support.
"Mohammed Jakaria Hussain" <Mohammed Jakaria
Hi there.
I have a laptop with windows vista home premiun. when I reinstall the
windows they want a product key. I got a product key under the laptop.
when I
put the key on my laptop they show me productkey is invalid. I have try
many
many times but they show me it's invalid and contract with microsoft.com.
can't log on my laptop.
they show me type another productkey. what can i do for loging on?
thank you.

When I'm reinstalling OEM Windows XP for a customer, I get this message all
the time, it's not that your key is "wrong" or "invalid", but you may of
used an OEM CD from one manufacturer and the key you're using is from a
different manufacturer. For instance, I can use a DELL Windows XP CD to
install XP on a Compaq using the Compaq OEM key, and the key will come up
invalid.

Solution...

From the Invalid Product Key screen click on "Telephone"
Select your country, and call the Vista/XP Activation hotline indicated.
They will ask for this long ass number you see on your screen.
Once you put the number in they will say there's a problem and ask you how
many computers are using this number, just indicate "1" and if they ask if
it's installed on any other system just say "no".

They will read back and equally long and annoying number which you can enter
and your Windows will be good to go.

In order to avoid this problem in the future, use the Windows install disc
that came with your system. If you are trying to install a different version
of Windows using the key on your computer, that won't work, go out and buy a
legit retail or a new OEM copy.

Alias

Andy said:
The OEM or system builder versions of Windows don't come with Microsoft
support, that's why the OS is cheaper. You aren't paying for Microsoft
support.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. MS gave out the PK. MS denied the PK. Now you're
saying they aren't responsible for their actions and the OEM has the
responsibility? Please explain this "logic".

Alias