Product Activation

I was running vista very good when today it started to ask for me to activate
my Vista. I tried running internet and all and it gave me an error
code"0x80072F8F. I will take any solution.

Thank

Jane C

This error code can be caused if the date/time/time zone are incorrect on
your computer. Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly, and
also the correct time zone.

If you are unable to change the date and time when you start your computer,
you will need to go into Safe Mode. To get into safe mode, restart the
computer, press F8 and then select Safe Mode with Networking, then you should
be able to change the date and time and then activate windows all at once.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Tom,
If you can activate in Safe Mode it's a bug. You should not be able to
activate in Safe Mode.
Since the driver set that is loaded in Safe Mode is different than the
driver set that is loaded during a normal boot. if activation was allowed
in Safe mode that would record a different hardware set than would
activating during a normal boot. That would not be a good thing, when you
booted normally you may have to activate again due to hardware changes.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIFppZWdtYW5u?= <[email protected]>
<Subject: Re: Product Activation
<Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:20:01 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
<
<If you are unable to change the date and time when you start your
computer,
<you will need to go into Safe Mode. To get into safe mode, restart the
<computer, press F8 and then select Safe Mode with Networking, then you
should
<be able to change the date and time and then activate windows all at once.
<--
<Tom Ziegmann
<Microsoft Certified Professional
<http://myvistablog.spaces.msn.com
<
<
<
<"Jane C" wrote:
<
<> This error code can be caused if the date/time/time zone are incorrect
on
<> your computer. Make sure that you have the date and time set correctly,
and
<> also the correct time zone.
<>
<> --
<> Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
<> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :)
<> <> >I was running vista very good when today it started to ask for me to
<> >activate
<> > my Vista. I tried running internet and all and it gave me an error
<> > code"0x80072F8F. I will take any solution.
<> >
<> > Thank
<>
<