Problems with Wacom Intuos3 Tablet in Powerpoint 2007 SP1

JeffB

I'm having problems with my new Wacom Intuos3 writing tablet in Powerpoint
2007. When I use the ink annotation tools in slide presentation mode using my
writing pen, vertical lines of the same pen color occassionally appear on
certain letters as I write. This does not happen in other programs (eg.
annotation in Adobe Acrobat works fine). I replaced my tablet thinking the
1st had a problem, but the replacement also has same issue. I contacted Wacom
Technical Support and they suggested I download MS Office Service Pack 1
(SP1) which I did, but I have same issue.

When I tried my laptop, I have same issue except lines are now horizontal. I
also tried downloading the latest tablet driver, but I still have same
problem.

Anybody any ideas how to solve this problem? I really need to be able to use
my writing pen in Powerpoint

Troy @ TLC

Well that is good, but it kills my thinking. Vista, PowerPoint and Wacom
have had some driver issues that have caused all sorts of problems for
people (most have been resolved with new set of drivers recently released
from Wacom). But being on XP you should not have any issues, but that being
said, can you make certain you have all updates to Office 2007 (SP1) and the
latest drivers from Wacom.

--
- Troy Chollar
- TLC Creative Services, Inc.

JeffB said:
Troy

I am using Windows XP.

JeffB

Troy

Thanks. When I download the latest Wacom driver, will that automatically
replace the old driver, or do I need to manually delete the old driver? If
so, how do I know which file to delete?

Thanks again

Jeff

lbrownin

Did a new driver solve the problem? We're having the same thing with a new
Toshiba Portege tablet PC (Wacom technology) in PowerPoint 2007. It doesn't
happen in any other program, and it doesn't happen in PowerPoint 2003.

JeffB

I am glad to know that I am not the only person having this issue!!

I downloaded the latest driver, but still had the same problem. I am not
sure I deleted the old driver though and so there may be a conflict. That was
my reason for the last post asking if anybody could tell me how to delete the
old driver and install the new one properly.

Let me know if you manage to solve this problem and I will do the same.
Thanks for contacting me!!

lbrownin

I called Toshiba support and they said it's a known issue with PowerPoint
2007, a software problem, and we need to contact Microsoft. We're at a
university with a site license for Office, so now I'm trying to find out the
proper channels to do that.

In my own experimenting, I found that if you write s-l-o-w-l-y and
d-e-l-i-b-e-r-a-t-e-l-y you can mostly avoid the problem. But that's not an
acceptable solution for the professor.

lbrownin

Microsoft says they are working on it, and IF they can find a fix it will be
at least two months before it would be available. "The workaround for the
time being is to change the screen resolution in the Set Up Slide Show window
to either 1024x768 or 800x600 depending on the device the presentation is
being displayed on."

JeffB

Many thanks for taking the time to work through this issue. I will try
changing the screen resolution to see whether this works. Did Microsoft say
they would contact you when the Fix is available?

Thanks again
Jeff

Peter Gladden

I have many Gateway (MPC) tablets e155 models in our school with Windows XP SP2 that have this same problem. I could not find any updates on Microsoft's site that indicated a solution. Does anyone have information on a potential solution?
Thanks!

Joined
Jan 13, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Random lines on Toshiba Portege M700 / M750 using Powerpoint 2007

I have the same problem on a Toshiba M700 and M750. The problem does not appear with PowerPoint 2003 and does not appear in Powerpoint 2007 if not in presentation mode. Does anyone know of a fix for this? I heard that Microsoft (back in May of 2008) had supposedly indicated that a resolution would be out in a couple of months; however, I've checked all over the web and find no solution. Any help will be appreciated. Regards. -- Mike

JeffB said:
Many thanks for taking the time to work through this issue. I will try
changing the screen resolution to see whether this works. Did Microsoft say
they would contact you when the Fix is available?

Thanks again
Jeff
--
JeffB
NextStep Music Performance, LLC

"lbrownin" wrote:

> Microsoft says they are working on it, and IF they can find a fix it will be
> at least two months before it would be available. "The workaround for the
> time being is to change the screen resolution in the Set Up Slide Show window
> to either 1024x768 or 800x600 depending on the device the presentation is
> being displayed on."
>
> "lbrownin" wrote:
>
> > I called Toshiba support and they said it's a known issue with PowerPoint
> > 2007, a software problem, and we need to contact Microsoft. We're at a
> > university with a site license for Office, so now I'm trying to find out the
> > proper channels to do that.
> >
> > In my own experimenting, I found that if you write s-l-o-w-l-y and
> > d-e-l-i-b-e-r-a-t-e-l-y you can mostly avoid the problem. But that's not an
> > acceptable solution for the professor.
> >
> > "JeffB" wrote:
> >
> > > I am glad to know that I am not the only person having this issue!!
> > >
> > > I downloaded the latest driver, but still had the same problem. I am not
> > > sure I deleted the old driver though and so there may be a conflict. That was
> > > my reason for the last post asking if anybody could tell me how to delete the
> > > old driver and install the new one properly.
> > >
> > > Let me know if you manage to solve this problem and I will do the same.
> > > Thanks for contacting me!!
> > > --
> > > JeffB
> > > NextStep Music Performance, LLC

dsmith1337

This is still a problem. We have a number of HP TC4200 and TC4400 tablets at
our site and will be updating them to Office 2007 but we are experiencing
this same issue with the horizontal lines. If you rotate the tablet to
landscape mode the problem disappears but almost all slideshows that our
users use are portrait mode. I've tested what i think is every possible
solution including changing the graphics and tablet drivers, using different
tablet pens, and making sure all updates are installed. I'm testing on a
TC4200 with Windows XP Tablet Edition SP3 and Microsoft Office 2007
Enterprise SP1. I've tried tor replicate the problem on a desktop (HP DC7700)
and it did not appear I've also tried it on a laptop (HP NC8430) and it
didn't happen. I'm running out of ideas. this is a major problem and pretty
much makes Powerpoint 2007 unusable for us.