Problems with starting Splinter Cell

Hitman

HI!
I have a problem with starting Splinter Cell.
The problem is: I have installed the game successfully,
but when I try to start the game i become a GENERAL
PROTECTION FAULT!
What´s the matter???
Please help me!!!

Jimmy S.

Hi Hitman,

There are a lot of solutions for that error, and even a 3rd party
patch (which I would only use myself as a last resort). Mostly
the error seems to be caused by a graphics issue. Update your
video drivers, and modify your desktop to be 800x600, or edit
the game's ini file in order to change it from full screen mode to
800x600. Here's a great article outlining several steps to try:
http://splintercellhq.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=691

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

HI!
I have a problem with starting Splinter Cell.
The problem is: I have installed the game successfully,
but when I try to start the game i become a GENERAL
PROTECTION FAULT!
What´s the matter???
Please help me!!!

Jimmy S.