Problems with outgoing e-mail

G

I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out
The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else
I appreciate anyone's help.

R

Rich

I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out.
The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else.
I appreciate anyone's help.

does your ISP's SMTP server *require* authentication? try unchecking
that box and see what happens.

rich

Ask a Question