Problems with exporting controls with borders to .rtf

Hi al

I have a report which has a kind of tabular look created using text box and label controls with borders. I would like to be able to export this to an editable format such as .rtf, but Access doesn't export the borders

Exporting to Snapshot exports the borders just fine, but is read-only so no real use to me

Anyone got any advice on this

Thank

David

Ptit Fred

Hi David,

When you export Reports it's known that you lose some formatting (Reports
really NOT designed for this purpose). If you are needing to edit the
Report after it's exported you may want to try exporting to PDF format (but
you would have to have Adobe Acrobat, not just the reader, to edit it).

In my opinion your best option would be to create a mail merge (you have
complete control over the mail merge document).

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

--------------------
| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ2xlYXZl?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Problems with exporting controls with borders to .rtf
| Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 06:56:08 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
|
| Hi all

I have a report which has a kind of tabular look created using text box and
label controls with borders. I would like to be able to export this to an
editable format such as .rtf, but Access doesn't export the borders!

Exporting to Snapshot exports the borders just fine, but is read-only so no
real use to me.

Anyone got any advice on this?

Thanks

David

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. I have mail
merged to Word from Access before but there is one thing I
don't know how to do.

With a report, you can use subreports to represent the
many side of a relationship. A subreport can display any
number of records from the many side of the relationship
within the main report, which is the one side of the
relationship.

In the document I wish to create in Word, I need to have a
subreport type feature where any number of related records
can be listed in the main document. Specifically, I need
to create a document representing a training course, which
will contain a section listing all booked delegates, of
which there can be any number. This would be achieved
using a subreport if I was using an Access report. How is
it achieved if mail merging to Word?

I hope that you understand what I mean and can help out!

[...]

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi David,

I'm not quite sure how to in Word (may want to create a post in the Word
newsgroup) but I think it involves "header source", "header row" or
"header record" where by the Parent information is included in the header
xxx and the detail information is included in the main body of document.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: <[email protected]>
| Sender: <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Problems with exporting controls with borders to .rtf
| Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:41:30 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.reports
|
| Hi Eric
|
| Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. I have mail
| merged to Word from Access before but there is one thing I
| don't know how to do.
|
| With a report, you can use subreports to represent the
| many side of a relationship. A subreport can display any
| number of records from the many side of the relationship
| within the main report, which is the one side of the
| relationship.
|
| In the document I wish to create in Word, I need to have a
| subreport type feature where any number of related records
| can be listed in the main document. Specifically, I need
| to create a document representing a training course, which
| will contain a section listing all booked delegates, of
| which there can be any number. This would be achieved
| using a subreport if I was using an Access report. How is
| it achieved if mail merging to Word?
|
| I hope that you understand what I mean and can help out!
|
| Thanks
|
| David

| >|
| >| Hi all
| >
| >I have a report which has a kind of tabular look created
| using text box and
| >label controls with borders. I would like to be able to
| export this to an
| >editable format such as .rtf, but Access doesn't export
| the borders!
| >
| >Exporting to Snapshot exports the borders just fine, but
| is read-only so no
| >real use to me.
| >
| >Anyone got any advice on this?
| >
| >Thanks