Problems Setting up Mail Account

Bernadette

I set up my mail account, but it is only downloading 6 messages from my
server and stops, with the pop up Your POP3 server has not responded in 2
minutes. The error message is Account: 'mail.zumatel.net', Server:
'mail.zumatel.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC19

Bernadette

mac

Bernadette said:
I set up my mail account, but it is only downloading 6 messages from my
server and stops, with the pop up Your POP3 server has not responded in 2
minutes. The error message is Account: 'mail.zumatel.net', Server:
'mail.zumatel.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number:
0x800CCC19

Bernadette

log in here http://www.zumatel.net/ with your PW & UN, check to see if you
have a large or possibly a corrupt message on the server, either move it to
another folder or delete it. Then try to receive mail?

unknown

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

I am also trying to add an email account, but this message keeps coming up
when I try to send/receive:

Account: 'Windows Mail 2', Server: 'mail.resurrectionpictures.org',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

How can I fix this?

Thank you!

Gary VanderMolen

Does it always download the SAME 6 messages? That is a critical piece
of diagnostic information.

If the messages being downloaded are not duplicates, which
antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bernadette" wrote in message
I set up my mail account, but it is only downloading 6 messages from my
server and stops, with the pop up Your POP3 server has not responded in 2
minutes. The error message is Account: 'mail.zumatel.net', Server:
'mail.zumatel.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC19

Bernadette

Gary VanderMolen

In your browser (Internet Explorer) go to http://mail.resurrectionpictures.org.
Are you able to login to that new account there? I'm assuming you've done
the preliminary work of setting up the new account in the control panel of your
web hosting server.

"unknown" wrote in message
I am also trying to add an email account, but this message keeps coming up
when I try to send/receive:

Account: 'Windows Mail 2', Server: 'mail.resurrectionpictures.org',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

How can I fix this?

Thank you

Richard Schimelfenig

When I've run across this error in the past, I've found that there is almost
always either a HUGE email sitting at the top of the queue (in this case, it
would be #7), or there is a corrupt email at that position. If you can log
in through the browser, try moving #7 to a different online folder, then try
downloading again.

"unknown" wrote in message

I am also trying to add an email account, but this message keeps coming up
when I try to send/receive:

Account: 'Windows Mail 2', Server: 'mail.resurrectionpictures.org',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Authentication failed.', Port: 110,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

How can I fix this?

Thank you

LANDER

SEPEMBER9
OKTOBER10
NOVEMBER11
DECEMBER12
JANUARI1
FEBRUAER2
MAART3
APRIL4
MEI5
JUNI6
JULI7
AUGUTUS8

unknown

Gary,

Yes I can log into the account at mail.resurrectionpictures.org. I added the
email account there. However, when I try to set it up in Windows Mail, I
cannot seem to get it to sync (send/receive) with my other emails. Instead, I
get this message:

Account: 'mail.resurrectionpictures.org ', Server:
'mail.resurrectionpictures.org', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
Authentication failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Bradleigh

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"unknown" wrote in message
Gary,

Thanks! I found out where my error was. I appreciate the help.

*Bradleigh