problems restoring to Outlook 2002 from 2003

G

I was not happy with an evaluation install of Office 2003 and used a restore point to return to Office 2002. Everything went fine except that Outlook did not reinstall. It asked to insert the Office XP disk which I did, however it can not find the file Outret.msi (nor can I went browsing the CD or my computer). Anyone knows where to locate the file? I believe this is an install file for Outlook so why wouldn't it be on the install CD (tried both the main CD and the media CD).

By the way, I was disappointed in Office 2003 that they did away with the Office shortcut bar and Microsoft Photo Editor disappear from the office programs. The shortcut bar made my life much easier and work more productive. I relied on Photo Editor even though I have much more powerful photo editing software

Thanks for any help in advance.

G

Hey, I'm up and going now. Evidently I was having a Word problem too and once office pulled files from the installation CD then Outlook would load too. Strange.

Thanks

R

Roady [MVP]

The Shortcut bar has been replaced with the Shortcut Pane which basically
does the same job and even better if you ask me as you can now have all the
groups expanded as well.

I'm "missing" Picture Editor as well; I still have it installed from the
Office XP CD :)

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News
Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more...

Tips of the month:
-Create your own fully customized Toolbar
-Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003
Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your
mailbox!
www.sparnaaij.net

(I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the
address when mailing)

Ask a Question