problems connecting to SQL Server 2005 Express from Pocket PC

Reaction score
Hi! I'm developping an application for pocket pc using SQL Server. I have no problems connecting to SQL Server 2000 from the pocket pc, but I cannot connect to SQL Server 2005 Express. I use Visual Studio .NET 2005 and .NET Compact Framework 2.0. I have enabled the TCP/IP protocol on the SQL Server and SQL Server Browser service. I'm able to connect to the SQL Server Express from any computer in the workgroup but not from the pocket pc. I use the System.Data.SqlClient namespace the connection string I use is MainForm.connString = @"Data Source=KAMEN\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Kamen;User ID=kamen;Password=20052005";
This works with the .NET Framework but not with the .NET Compact Framework. The device is connected via Active Sync 4.0 and as I said has no problem to remotely connect to SQL Server 2000. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I solved the problem. However if anyone has the same problem you should reinstall the SQL Server Express and remove the named instance (SQLEXPRESS).

Ask a Question