Problem with Zone

I can neither get MSN Gaming Zone completely uninstalled, nor correctly
installed. It was working fine, but one day I could no longer get into the
game room (bridge). I tried to uninstall, but might have screwed something
up--don't remember. When I tried to re-install, it seemed to get most of the
way, but reported 'failed to download......." and 'ZSetup was started but
rejected the component data.....' I could find MSN Gaming Zone in Add/Remove
Programs in Control Panel, but when I uninstalled, it said it couldn't get
rid of everything and that I should manually delete. But, when I went to
delete the MSN Gaming Zone directory, it warns that this 'could cause some
programs not to work.' I'm hesitant to delete in case there are some shared
files. Any advice?

Jimmy S.

Hi Ken_ee2,

There's a specific newsgroup you can use for MSN Gaming Zone.

The Zone newsgroup is listed on the left side of this "Community
Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Game Zone"
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

However, while you're here... ;-)
To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html

Browser settings? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
"Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
Which ports to open? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html

Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)

MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Official support is provided by email to (e-mail address removed)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

--
Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*