Problem with Win 98/IE 6.0 and msvcrt.dll

Joe

I have Win 98 and IE 6. Last week I downloaded the
service pack/critical updates. Since then I am having a
difficult time with my browser. I don't know if this is a
coincidence or not. I get error messages that read as
follows:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName:
msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 6.1.8293.0 Offset: 000154a7

I did some digging around on the newsgrup and came up with
someone who seemingingly has the exact same problem as I
(their letter is copied below). I went to www.mvps.org
and tried their advice but still the problem persists.
Any other ideas of what I can do?

Thanks in advance...

COPY OF PREVIOUS POSTING...