Problem with volume licensing and Sysprep

brad

Greetings,
I installed XP from a volume license CD; added desired software, and ran
sysprep, including the product key in the [UserData] section of sysprep.inf.
When I ran Sysprep, I did not check the box that says "Do not regenerate
SID". After running sysprep, I made an image of the disk, and then installed
the image on a PC. At bootup, I am required to enter the Product key again,
even though it is already in the [UserData} section. What to I need to do to
create an image that will not require you to re-enter the produce ID every
time you install it on a new PC?

bb

Morgan che

Dear Customer,

Thanks for posting here.

After viewing this issue, I suspect the other configurations you defined in
unattended file have been successfully applied except product ID entry. If
my understanding is not correct, please advise me.

If in this case, we can remove some factors that may cause this issue, such
as the location of sysprep.inf, the name of unattended file etc.
Accordingly, let's focus on the license related issue. I did some research
and obtained the following KB. I list below for your reference.

You are prompted for the product key while the Windows XP Setup program is
running, although you use an answer file that contains a product key

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837494/en-us

I hope this helps. After trying the steps listing on this KB, if this issue
still persists, please feel free to let me know.

Have a good day!

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: =?Utf-8?B?YnJhZA==?= <[email protected]>
--->Subject: Problem with volume licensing and Sysprep
--->Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:31:00 -0800
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--->
[...]

How are you?

I am wondering if the suggestion is help If anything is unclear, please
feel free to post back.

Have a good day!

Sincerely
Morgan Che