Problem with user accounts

G

Dear,

I have a new server set up with Windows 2000 Server. This server is connected in a network with aprrox 40 computers.
This is the only server in this network. I've made approx. 400 user accounts (this is by the way the number of students on our school) Most of these user accounts are used once a week. The clients run Windows 98 SE.

Now I am experiencing the following problem. After some time (and the user account has already been succesfully used), the server does not reckognize some (2) user accounts. After resetting the password, the problem is solved and the user account can be used again without problem.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong ?

Regards,

Lieve

G

Check you server for a local password policy

----- Lieve wrote: -----

Dear,

I have a new server set up with Windows 2000 Server. This server is connected in a network with aprrox 40 computers.
This is the only server in this network. I've made approx. 400 user accounts (this is by the way the number of students on our school) Most of these user accounts are used once a week. The clients run Windows 98 SE.

Now I am experiencing the following problem. After some time (and the user account has already been succesfully used), the server does not reckognize some (2) user accounts. After resetting the password, the problem is solved and the user account can be used again without problem.

Has anyone any idea what could be wrong ?

Regards,

Lieve

G

Thank you for your answer.
Would you be so kind to give me some more information about "local password policy"?
Thanks in advance
Lieve

Ask a Question