Problem with Event Viewer AM Time Display

Reaction score
Hi. This is actually more of a curiosity than a problem. Here is an example: I open Event Viewer/System and look at Information 4/5/2009 9:38:05 AM Service Control Manager. The time is displayed correctly. If the time has a 2 digit hour it will display like this: Information 4/5/2009 10:38:15 ... The AM field is replaced by 3 dots. This only happens with AM times. If I right click and select Properties the time in the window displayed is correct. PM times are always displayed correctly. Also, if I alter the time format to show a leading 0 such as 09:38:05 AM then the AM is always replaced by 3 dots (09:38:05...). Again, the PM times display correctly. This is something that I can surely live with but I'm just curious to see if someone has seen this before and has a possible solution. I don't know how long this has been going on for. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reply: Problem with Event Viewer AM Time Display

I don't understand why I never get a response when I submit a thread. Is it that nobody has any idea how to fix or make a suggestion on how to approach my problem? Or is it that nobody likes me (just kidding). I never have gotten a reply to the few threads I've submitted over the course of a year or so.
Just wondering. My original post was 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the time.
Mark

Last edited:

Ask a Question