    of insufficient width and I'm really getting tired of doing the "apply"
    thing 3 times after each gaming session. Anyone got an idea?

    -shaviro

    shaviro, May 8, 2004

  2. shaviro

    Philburg2 Guest

    make sure the ACTUAL monitor driver is being used. A plug and play driver
    probably won't cut it. I know that when I first got my viewsonic monitor, I
    had trouble installing the driver. So I went to the website and got a
    package of driver, that did the trick.

    "shaviro" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all!
    >
    > I have a PowerColor Radeon9700 card and a VeiwSonic E92f+ monitor. The
    > problem is that the horizontal width is really messed up. The monitor (AND
    > ati display control thingie) is set to the smallest size available. I run
    > 1280x1024 and it's at the same time the only resolution I'm able to get an
    > "ok" picture (width). I also have to press the apply button in Direct3D 3
    > TIMES to get it right whenever the resolution has changed eg. after a

    game,

    Philburg2, May 8, 2004

  3. you are using the monitor's "auto" resize - auto settings - auto adjust auto auto aren't
    you ?

    anyway turn on your monitors "auto" functions from the monitors control panel up there on
    the monitor - not in your PC. then the viewsonics there should just be happy happy and
    resize everytime for you when the res changes.

    oh yeah, as the man says - insure you have the correct monitor driver in your windows
    control panel display..

    hope this help,

    ** No Pili'kaia **

    ** No Fate **

    cheers,
    dracman
    Tomb Raider: Shotgun City
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.org/traod/traod.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

    **savegame editors all versions Tomb Raider & TRAOD godmode
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tr2code.htm

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tombraider1/tombraider1pictures.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/banshee.html
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/tomb2.htm#Tova

    ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3

    NFS: drive at the limits of tyre adhesion ! snag Lara's Croftraider IV sports car ! !
    NFS3:NFS4
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#raider

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm#blondstranger
    NFS:HS - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HS
    NFS III - Reg method to add your d3d card to NFS:HP
    -=-=-
    Mad Onion - 3DMark 2001 and 3DMark 2001se -
    {not the Pro} 4x4 Missile Launcher Truck Secret Game Demo screen snaps
    (and secret password)
    http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dmark2001.html
    -=-=-

    http://www.smokeypoint.com/glidos.htm