problem to save photo gallery

After I insert photo gallery in my existing web page, and I click save the
page, but Frontpage noticed me that "To save this page and photo gallery,
open a Frontpage based web site, and save the page to that site" What does it
mean? How can I do?

E. T. Culling

Sorry, but do just what it says ... make sure the whole site is open before
you attempt to build the gallery. I wish that with FP it was not possible to
open just a page ...rather than a page within a site. Here are two articles
to help you:
http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryTutorial/galleries.htm then,
when you are totally fed up with that component read this article and
consider using JAlbum:
http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryPrograms/index.htm
Eleanor

"Help me with photo gallery" <Help me with photo
news:[email protected]...

Thomas A. Rowe

You first open the web / site where you want to have the photo gallery via File Menu | Open Web /
Site then you can create the photo gallery. When work with your web content, you must always open
the web / site first.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Andrew Murray

It means you need to open the site you're working on : File > Open Web/Site.

"Help me with photo gallery" <Help me with photo
news:[email protected]...

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

But then you couldn't just write & save pages.

| Sorry, but do just what it says ... make sure the whole site is open before
| you attempt to build the gallery. I wish that with FP it was not possible to
| open just a page ...rather than a page within a site. Here are two articles
| to help you:
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryTutorial/galleries.htm then,
| when you are totally fed up with that component read this article and
| consider using JAlbum:
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryPrograms/index.htm
| Eleanor
|
| "Help me with photo gallery" <Help me with photo
| (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
| | > After I insert photo gallery in my existing web page, and I click save the
| > page, but Frontpage noticed me that "To save this page and photo gallery,
| > open a Frontpage based web site, and save the page to that site" What does
| > it
| > mean? How can I do?

E. T. Culling

Hi Rob...
Please tell me why I would want to do that. Why wouldn't I always be within
a site? So many people make the mistake of not opening a site first that I
think it would be best to not have this happen.
Eleanor
in message But then you couldn't just write & save pages.

| Sorry, but do just what it says ... make sure the whole site is open
before
| you attempt to build the gallery. I wish that with FP it was not possible
| open just a page ...rather than a page within a site. Here are two
articles
| to help you:
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryTutorial/galleries.htm then,
| when you are totally fed up with that component read this article and
| consider using JAlbum:
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryPrograms/index.htm
| Eleanor
|
| "Help me with photo gallery" <Help me with photo
| (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
| | > After I insert photo gallery in my existing web page, and I click save
the
| > page, but Frontpage noticed me that "To save this page and photo
gallery,
| > open a Frontpage based web site, and save the page to that site" What
does
| > it
| > mean? How can I do?

Wes

Funny you should mention this. Today I tried opening a page from explorer,
FP opened the web as well as the page (disk based). From IE edit page, FP
opened the page and the *on site* web. Open FP, open page also opened the
site and the page. I'm confuseded. Been using FP for a number of years and
have ALWAYS open web first, but seems open page works fine. Your thoughts?

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Betaws sometimes I use it to compose a page that has nothing to do with a web site.

| Hi Rob...
| Please tell me why I would want to do that. Why wouldn't I always be within
| a site? So many people make the mistake of not opening a site first that I
| think it would be best to not have this happen.
| Eleanor
| in message | But then you couldn't just write & save pages.
|

| | | Sorry, but do just what it says ... make sure the whole site is open
| before
| | you attempt to build the gallery. I wish that with FP it was not possible
| | open just a page ...rather than a page within a site. Here are two
| articles
| | to help you:
| | http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryTutorial/galleries.htm then,
| | when you are totally fed up with that component read this article and
| | consider using JAlbum:
| | http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryPrograms/index.htm
| | Eleanor
| |
| the
| | > page, but Frontpage noticed me that "To save this page and photo
| gallery,
| | > open a Frontpage based web site, and save the page to that site" What
| does
| | > it
| | > mean? How can I do?
| |
| |

Ronx

That [opening the web along with the page] often happens, but for some users
they only get the page, not the web as well.
However, when creating a *new* page, the web *must* be opened first (if the
page will be part of a web). For most pages not having the web open first
causes problems with links, for the photogallery, its a disaster; you have
to start again. IMO the photogallery should be a web template, then a web
will be created for it if a web isn't open already.

Wes

Thanx, I must be one of the lucky ones.

--
Ron Symonds (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)