Problem reading reminders

J

JW2801

I use MS Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments & reminders; without it I'm lost and in danger of missing important meetings. For the last few weeks I've been getting the following message whenever I start Outlook:

"There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment" (there's no indication which the "this appointment" refers to)

I have no option but to accept the warning message after which another message appears "Microsoft Office Outlook This operation failed"

Outlook continues to work fine as an email editor but none of my reminders ever appear (they've all been switched off by the system - switching them back on does nothing). Our system guys have failed to fix it and, like I said, I rely heavily on the reminders.

Does anyone know any way of tracking down the rogue reminder that's causing the problems?

P

Patricia Cardoza [Outlook MVP]

Try starting Outlook from the command line. Type outlook.exe /cleanreminders

This will often fix a corrupt reminder.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP
Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
http://www.cardozasolutions.com

I use MS Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments & reminders; without it I'm lost and in danger of missing important meetings. For the last few weeks I've been getting the following message whenever I start Outlook:

"There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment" (there's no indication which the "this appointment" refers to)

I have no option but to accept the warning message after which another message appears "Microsoft Office Outlook This operation failed"

Outlook continues to work fine as an email editor but none of my reminders ever appear (they've all been switched off by the system - switching them back on does nothing). Our system guys have failed to fix it and, like I said, I rely heavily on the reminders.

Does anyone know any way of tracking down the rogue reminder that's causing the problems?

Ask a Question