Printing labels on a page

G

I am using Access from Office 95 and have 2 problems with printing labels for voice casette tapes. I want to print only 1 or several labels on the page of labels with 6 rows and 2 columns, in a particular order and label position so that I do not waste a whole page of labels to print only one label. I have encountered 2 problems

1. The labels I print from a selected record on the data base do not print in the down column layout order I specify from page setup. I have tried specifying both ways, "down then across" and "across, then down", they print in reverse order with the first label at the bottom right of the page rather than at the top left, (starting at the bottom and working up and left rather than down and right etc.

2. I have made a macro that allows me to selectively position the desired starting printing position with the next label to print, but it always prints at the bottom right label. Any help on this would be appreciated

B

Bruce Rodtnick

I just got some new code that works well and uses SO much less code. It comes from FredG:

Try this code. I know it works both in preview and printing.
If this is what you are already using, or if this does't work, then your
problem lies elsewhere.
====
First make sure your label report is properly printing a full sheet of
labels.

Then add a Report Header to your label report.
Add 2 text boxes to the Header.
1) Name one SkipControl
Leave it's control source unbound

2) Name the other SkipCounter
Set it control Source to =[Skip How Many?]

Now code the Report Header Format event as below:

Private Sub ReportHeader_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As
Integer)
[SkipControl] = "Skip"
Cancel = True
End Sub
==========

Next code the Detail OnPrint event:

Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer)
If PrintCount <= [SkipCounter] And [SkipControl] = "Skip" Then
Me.NextRecord = False
Me.PrintSection = False
Else
[SkipControl] = "No"
Me.PrintSection = True
Me.NextRecord = True
End If

End Sub
=====

Ask a Question