printing handouts problem

when printing handouts is there any way to edit the template to adjust the size of the each slide on the page? I do a presentation every week where the handout sheet has 6 slides per page but the only person who needs the handout is me. I would like to have the margins between the slides diminished so the text appears larger. I don't need any notes etc. just the slides themselves, only bigger.

Michael Koerner

Why don't you use the send to word function, then customize the word document
anyway you want

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><>

when printing handouts is there any way to edit the template to adjust the size
of the each slide on the page? I do a presentation every week where the handout
sheet has 6 slides per page but the only person who needs the handout is me. I
would like to have the margins between the slides diminished so the text appears
larger. I don't need any notes etc. just the slides themselves, only bigger.

Sonia

If you do this every week, it might be worth your while to take a look at
the "Handout Wizard" at http://www.mvps.org/skp/how/
--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials

when printing handouts is there any way to edit the template to adjust the
size of the each slide on the page? I do a presentation every week where the
handout sheet has 6 slides per page but the only person who needs the
handout is me. I would like to have the margins between the slides
diminished so the text appears larger. I don't need any notes etc. just the
slides themselves, only bigger.

the "send to" function doesn't allow me to choose an option that doesn't include a space for notes. I have tried to play with the design but have been unable to make any headway to a solution that is satisfactory. Any other suggestions

----- Michael Koerner wrote: ----

Why don't you use the send to word function, then customize the word documen
anyway you wan

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<><><>Email unless specifically requested will not be opened<><><><><>Do Provide The Version Of PowerPoint You Are Using<><><><><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP

when printing handouts is there any way to edit the template to adjust the siz
of the each slide on the page? I do a presentation every week where the handou
sheet has 6 slides per page but the only person who needs the handout is me.
would like to have the margins between the slides diminished so the text appear
larger. I don't need any notes etc. just the slides themselves, only bigger

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded a trial copy and will play with it later in the week. Thanks again

http://www.soniacoleman.com

when printing handouts is there any way to edit the template to adjust th
size of the each slide on the page? I do a presentation every week where th
handout sheet has 6 slides per page but the only person who needs th
handout is me. I would like to have the margins between the slide
diminished so the text appears larger. I don't need any notes etc. just th
slides themselves, only bigger

Michael Koerner

Which version of PowerPoint are you using? The send to option should give you 5
options

1. Notes next to slide
2. Blank lines next to slides
3. Notes below slide
4. Blank lines below slide
5. Outline only

--

----- Michael Koerner wrote: -----

[...]

Kathryn Jacobs

Additional information:
Send to Word creates a table in Word for options 1 and 2 on Michael's list.
If you don't want the note space, but do want multiple slides on a page, use
one of those options then do a Format--> Columns and change from one column
pages to two column pages. You should end up with six slides per page with
the numbering you need. (If you are going to do this frequently, you can set
up a macro in Word that will do the re-formatting for you.)

(Having said all that, I really think that you will like the handout wizard
that Sonia recommended and will end up using it.)

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft PPT MVP
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this post:

----- Michael Koerner wrote: -----

[...]

John Langhans [MSFT]

CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello,

PowerPoint does not have the specific capability that you are looking for.
The layout and margins of handout pages, and size of slide images, are not
customizable in PowerPoint. As a workaround, you can export your slides to
Word.

If you (or anyone else reading this message) think that PowerPoint should
provide some kind of customizable margin and/or layout options for printing
handouts from PowerPoint (without having to rely on Word, VBA or add-ins),
don't forget to send your feedback (in YOUR OWN WORDS, please) to Microsoft
at:

As with all product suggestions, it's important that you not just state
your wish but also WHY it is important to you that your product suggestion
be implemented by Microsoft. Microsoft receives thousands of product
suggestions every day and we read each one but, in any given product
development cycle, there are only sufficient resources to address the ones
that are most important to our customers so take the extra time to state
your case as clearly and completely as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each submission should be a single suggestion (not a list of
suggestions).

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

John Langhans [MSFT]

[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello,

If you (or anyone else reading this message) think that it's important that
PowerPoint provide this kind of functionality (without having to resort to