Printer Ink

Reaction score
I have an epsom photo R800 which I think prints really good quality prints. HOwever, the cartridges are some £13 each from amazon and there are 7 of them......

i have found a supplier that does non-epsom cartridges fro less than half this price - called "Inksandstuff".

Of course epsom says you shouldn't use any other brand of cartridge - is this just hype or is there really likely to be damage to my printer if I use other brand cartridges?
cheers

Edward

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
In my experience, compatible ink isn't quite as good - however, the only problems I seem to have is ink clogging after a couple of months with no use. I buy compatible carts quite often, but only if I'm printing quite a bit. This is on a canon printer with a separate print head unit.

For 7 x £13, I'd give compatibles a try :)

Reaction score
Compatible ink may be worth giving a shot at these prices. But if something were to go horribly wrong, blame Ian, he told you to use them first!! :)

On a seperate note, how come people ALWAYS call Epson Epsom? I always used to get that when i worked in a computer shop, i wonder why it is?! :-/

Reaction score
My advice? stay well clear of compatables with epson printers... look around and you should be able to get a decent deal for genuine carts somewhere :)

Reaction score
On a seperate note, how come people ALWAYS call Epson Epsom? I always used to get that when i worked in a computer shop, i wonder why it is?! :-/[/QUOTE]

Simple answer to that!

Why people say Epsom.

Reason when they price the ink cartridges:eek: they S**T themselves.

After that they think of Epsom salts.:D

Ask a Question