Preventing users from editing toolbars

Bryan, ICT Desktop Support

Hi,

As the subject says really, is there any way to prevent a user from
editing/resetting a toolbar that you have configured in a specific way ?

EG. you could customize the drop down menus in Word to remove track changes
from the tools menu, but can you then lock those menus out so that users
can't reinsert items you've removed ?

Any help much appreciated.

Tony Jollans

In VBA you can set the Protection property of the toolbar.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bryan, ICT Desktop Support" <Bryan, ICT Desktop
news:[email protected]...

Bryan, ICT Desktop Support

Thanks, I imagine actually doing this would probably be a little over my head
as I have little to no experience with VB.

Will have a look into it though !

Again, Thanks.

Tony Jollans

Come back if you need more help - or post separately in the
word.vba.beginners (or word.vba.general group) group

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Bryan,

There are Word policies that can be used to lockdown parts of the User interface, but one of the more common methods is to just
reload your defaults at the start of a session.

One of the risks, is that folks who are used to doing things a certain way or could use some of the features that others may not,
could also be less productive with an admin 'better idea' version <g> of what tools they should be using.

============Thanks, I imagine actually doing this would probably be a little over my head
as I have little to no experience with VB.

Will have a look into it though !

Again, Thanks. <<
--

Bob Buckland ?:)