Powerpoint Update Links

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to write VBA code that allows a user to update links by selecting the file and updating.

This is what I have but some how the link range is changing causing the linked image to be cut in half.

Can someone PLEASE HELP!!

Dim In_file As Variant
Dim dlgOpen As FileDialog
Dim linkpos As Integer
Dim i As Integer
Dim k As Integer
Dim linkname As String ' Create a variable to store the worksheet reference string.
' Create a variable to store the position of the worksheet reference in the .SourceFullName property of the OLEFormat object.
Set dlgOpen = Application.FileDialog(Type:=msoFileDialogOpen)
dlgOpen.AllowMultiSelect = False

For i = 1 To ActivePresentation.Slides.Count ' Set a For loop to go from slide 1 to the last slide in the presentation
With ActivePresentation.Slides(i) ' Select the slide based on the index value.
For k = 1 To .Shapes.Count ' Loop through all the objects on slide.
With .Shapes(k) ' Use only shapes on the slide.

If .Type = msoLinkedOLEObject Then ' If the shape's type is an OLE object then...
If dlgOpen.Show = -1 Then
In_file = dlgOpen.SelectedItems.Item(1)
End If
' Change the path to new source and set the update type to Automatic. First find where the worksheet reference is, and then store it in linkname. Next assign the new path and concatenate the chart name to the end of the path.
With .LinkFormat
' Find where in the source path string the character "!" occurs, and assign the position to the variable linkpos.
linkpos = InStr(1, .SourceFullName, "!", _
vbTextCompare)
'*******************************************************************************************************
'***** THIS IS WHERE YOU CHANGE THE PATH AND FILE NAME TO THE EXCEL WORKBOOK YOU WANT TO LINK WITH *****
'*******************************************************************************************************
' Assign linkname to worksheet reference at the end of the source file path.
linkname = Right(.SourceFullName, Len(.SourceFullName) - linkpos)
.SourceFullName = In_file & linkname
.AutoUpdate = ppUpdateOptionAutomatic
End With
End If
End With
Next k
End With
Next i
' Update all links in the presentation, so that the changes are visible and the source file locations are correct on the screen.
ActivePresentation.UpdateLinks

End Sub

Ask a Question