Event ID: 2001
Date: 9/27/2004
Time: 2:32:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXX
Rejected Safe Mode action : Microsoft Office PowerPoint.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 9/27/2004
Time: 2:33:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXX
Hanging application POWERPNT.EXE, version 11.0.5529.0, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 50 4f 57 45 52 50 POWERP
0018: 4e 54 2e 45 58 45 20 31 NT.EXE 1
0020: 31 2e 30 2e 35 35 32 39 1.0.5529
0028: 2e 30 20 69 6e 20 68 75 .0 in hu
0030: 6e 67 61 70 70 20 30 2e ngapp 0.
0038: 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 61 74 0.0.0 at
0040: 20 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 offset
0048: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000

If you can email me directly with any help, I would greatly appreciate
it!

Thanks,

Justin
(e-mail address removed)

Echo S

Can't email, as that defeats the purpose of a newsgroup.

But for resolution, I'd try deleting the *.PCB file (that's the toolbar).
PPT will recreate it (sans any customizations) when it starts next.

If that doesn't work, I'd rename *.PPA files (those are PPT add-ins) to
something like *.OLD. If PPT starts after that, you can close PPT and rename
the OLD files back to PPA one at a time to isolate the problem.

Oh, and make sure that you've installed SP-1 for Office 2003.

Dunko

SP1 for Office 2003 is installed (that was my first step). Powerpoint
starts with no problem, it is after my user has been working for
awhile.

I will try the PCB and PPA resolutions, but I don't think these are
the cause. I am thinking it might be a memory issue.

I will post again if anything works or doesn't work.

Thanks!

--
Echo [MS PPT MVP]
http://www.echosvoice.com

Dunko said:
I have a user who is having issues with PowerPoint 2003 on an XP SP1
machine. Here are the event logs:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Office 11
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2001

Date: 9/27/2004
Time: 2:33:38 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXX
Hanging application POWERPNT.EXE, version 11.0.5529.0, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Data:

Dunko said:
SP1 for Office 2003 is installed (that was my first step). Powerpoint
starts with no problem, it is after my user has been working for
awhile.

What are they doing when it happens? Any consistency to that? Perhaps
they're changing font size or something in a textbox...?

See http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00034.htm, especially the part about
printer drivers.

Maybe also turn down hardware acceleration.
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00129.htm