PowerPoint 2000 with Mpeg-1 and slides to CD

G

gangle

I've done a slide show which has several Mpeg-1 video files as slides. Now I want to export the entire show (Mpeg-1 Video and Jpeg stills) to CD. It must play on a desk top system that has Powerpoint.

How do I export the entire show? What file format will I need to save as? I've tried burning a data disk of the Saved file but I only get Still Slides!
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Gangle

T

Troy @ TLC Creative

This is a problem that has finally been addressed in the new PowerPoint 2003. Your main problem is that the video files are linked files. The links currently point to the exact spot on your computer (C:/my documents/etc...). You need to create 'relative links.' The best solution is to use the Fix Links Pro add-in (http://www.rdpslides.com/pptools/FAQ00035.htm), you can get more info about linked files in PowerPoint here: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00155.htm

--
Best Regards,
Troy Chollar
==============================
TLC Creative Services
www.tlccreative.com
(e-mail address removed)
==============================
I've done a slide show which has several Mpeg-1 video files as slides. Now I want to export the entire show (Mpeg-1 Video and Jpeg stills) to CD. It must play on a desk top system that has Powerpoint.

How do I export the entire show? What file format will I need to save as? I've tried burning a data disk of the Saved file but I only get Still Slides!
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Gangle

S

Sonia

Did you include the video file(s) on the CD? If not, you must, because the videos are not embedded in the presentation file, they are linked. Also, if the links were not created as "pathless" links, they will break when the files are moved. The following procedure will prevent that. If you delete the videos from the presentation and then follow these steps, the links will not break when the files are moved to the CD:

These steps are important to help ensure that your file links are "relative" and will still
work when you transport your presentation to other systems.

1. Assemble all of the sounds, animations, narrations, movies, and any
other files you think you might use, into a single working folder on your hard disk.

2. Open a new presentation and save it to the working folder. Then begin
adding files, links, etc. to the presentation.

3. Save often to protect your work.

4. Don't link to any file that does not already reside in your working
folder.

5. When your presentation is complete, save it to the working folder. Move all files together when distributing to another system from the working folder and keep them in a single folder on the new system or on a CD.

--
Sonia, MS PowerPoint MVP Team
Autorun CD software, templates, and tutorials
http://www.soniacoleman.com/

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Gangle

Ask a Question