Powercolor Radeon 9800

Johan Wiklund

I got a major problem with my computer, i dont know if it is the
graphicscard or if it is something else.
i got a
P4 Celeron Tualatin Socket mPGA-478 2.0Ghz
Kingston 512 Ram pc333
Jetway P4M266
powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
120 gb hdd

when im play counterstrike i have about 20 - 30 FPS.....
i cant even play battlefield 1942 because i have like 1-10 fps when it is
over 10 players in the game.. when all are at a small area i have about 0.1
fps :p
just the same in I.G.I.2..

i noticed the same problem in battlefield 1942 earlier but with another card
a Xelo GF4 MX440
but i thougt that it was just a bad graphicscard..

i Have the latest drivers for my radeon card..
and directX 9.0b

Julian Richards

I got a major problem with my computer, i dont know if it is the
graphicscard or if it is something else.
i got a
P4 Celeron Tualatin Socket mPGA-478 2.0Ghz
Kingston 512 Ram pc333
Jetway P4M266
powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
120 gb hdd

when im play counterstrike i have about 20 - 30 FPS.....
i cant even play battlefield 1942 because i have like 1-10 fps when it is
over 10 players in the game.. when all are at a small area i have about 0.1
fps :p
just the same in I.G.I.2..

i noticed the same problem in battlefield 1942 earlier but with another card
a Xelo GF4 MX440
but i thougt that it was just a bad graphicscard..

i Have the latest drivers for my radeon card..
and directX 9.0b

Benchmark the system with 3DMark and then we could get a better idea.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Tony C

Do you have another display hooked up to the card? Like s-video out to the
tv, or another monitor? Or perhaps its set up to think there is two
displays.. once somehow just by having my TV hooked up my 3dmark scores
dropped.... weird stuff.

Johan Wiklund

Okey
these are the benchmark results using 3dmark2001 SE
3DMark Score 5129
Game 1 - Car chase - low detail 57.6 fps
Game 1 - Car chase - High detail 19.6 fps
Game 2 - Dragothic - low detail 59.9 fps
Game 2 - Dragothic - low detail 56.8 fps
Game 3 - Lobby - low detail 59.8 fps
Game 3 - Lobby - High detail 31.6fps
Game 4 - Nature 59.7 fps
Fill Rate ( single-Texturing) 1517.9 MTexels/s
Fill Rate ( Multi-texturing) 1519.4 Mtexels/s
High Polygon Count 1 light 43.0 Mtriangles/s
High Polygon Count 8 lights 15.7Mtriangles/s
Environment Bump Mapping 59.9 fps
DOT3 Bump mapping 60.2 fps
Vertex Shader 60.0 fps
Pixel Shader 60.1 fps
Advanced Pixel Shader 59.9 fps
Point Sprites 30.0Msprites/s

Julian Richards

Okey
these are the benchmark results using 3dmark2001 SE
3DMark Score 5129
Game 1 - Car chase - low detail 57.6 fps
Game 1 - Car chase - High detail 19.6 fps
Game 2 - Dragothic - low detail 59.9 fps
Game 2 - Dragothic - low detail 56.8 fps
Game 3 - Lobby - low detail 59.8 fps
Game 3 - Lobby - High detail 31.6fps
Game 4 - Nature 59.7 fps
Fill Rate ( single-Texturing) 1517.9 MTexels/s
Fill Rate ( Multi-texturing) 1519.4 Mtexels/s
High Polygon Count 1 light 43.0 Mtriangles/s
High Polygon Count 8 lights 15.7Mtriangles/s
Environment Bump Mapping 59.9 fps
DOT3 Bump mapping 60.2 fps
Vertex Shader 60.0 fps
Pixel Shader 60.1 fps
Advanced Pixel Shader 59.9 fps
Point Sprites 30.0Msprites/s

That's way too low. My card is running at 438/364 on a motherboard
that is rather slow (it can be sped up) and I'm getting around the 14K
mark. My old 8500 gave a score of 7k or so with stock speeds, that's
why I'm still impressed by it, considering its age.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives

Dark Avenger

Johan Wiklund said:
I got a major problem with my computer, i dont know if it is the
graphicscard or if it is something else.
i got a
P4 Celeron Tualatin Socket mPGA-478 2.0Ghz
Kingston 512 Ram pc333
Jetway P4M266
powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
120 gb hdd

when im play counterstrike i have about 20 - 30 FPS.....
i cant even play battlefield 1942 because i have like 1-10 fps when it is
over 10 players in the game.. when all are at a small area i have about 0.1
fps :p
just the same in I.G.I.2..

i noticed the same problem in battlefield 1942 earlier but with another card
a Xelo GF4 MX440
but i thougt that it was just a bad graphicscard..

i Have the latest drivers for my radeon card..
and directX 9.0b

Have you cleaned up all old drivers before installing your new card?

Johan Wiklund

Dark Avenger said:
"Johan Wiklund" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Have you cleaned up all old drivers before installing your new card?

well yes... i have formated my hdd...
and installed everything new and fresh
and with my V-Synch off i got the result 6078...

what is wrong with my f*kn computer?? :(

Dark Avenger

Johan Wiklund said:
well yes... i have formated my hdd...
and installed everything new and fresh
and with my V-Synch off i got the result 6078...

what is wrong with my f*kn computer?? :(

P4 Celeron Tualatin Socket mPGA-478 2.0Ghz

There it is... the P4 Celeron is a very slow processor performance
wise. Because it has a 128kb cache.

The P4 chipset can't have tomuch cache... and how more it has..how
better it can function.

But the Celerons still only have 128kb and thus have no balls...
well.. they basicly have no balls. So any performance the P4 core self
can get... gets blocked by the way to small cache.

What will help..and actually the only thing that will help..is to
upgrade to a real P4

I got a P4 2,0Ghz with 512kb cache, and it rocks... fast in everything
it needs to be fast in.

Even durons with 256kb cache ( okay they are AMD so less dependant on
cache ) go faster as the 128kb cache celerons alike!

So basicly...upgrade your cpu and make of the celeron a nice keychain.
More it aint worthy into.

Sam

P4 Celeron Tualatin Socket mPGA-478 2.0Ghz

There it is... the P4 Celeron is a very slow processor performance
wise. Because it has a 128kb cache.

The P4 chipset can't have tomuch cache... and how more it has..how
better it can function.

But the Celerons still only have 128kb and thus have no balls...
well.. they basicly have no balls. So any performance the P4 core self
can get... gets blocked by the way to small cache.

What will help..and actually the only thing that will help..is to
upgrade to a real P4

I got a P4 2,0Ghz with 512kb cache, and it rocks... fast in everything
it needs to be fast in.

Even durons with 256kb cache ( okay they are AMD so less dependant on
cache ) go faster as the 128kb cache celerons alike!

So basicly...upgrade your cpu and make of the celeron a nice keychain.
More it aint worthy into.

I Would have to agree that the Celeron is slowing your computer down.
I am getting 9196 Score From My Computer with following specs:
Windows XP Home
Biostar 8788 MOTHERBOARD
Intel Pentium 4 2.4 ghtz
1 Gig kingston Memory
40 GIG HD
Geforce 4 Ti4200 with 128 MB

I have VSynch OFF In my display and run Games from CALL OF DUTY To
BF1942 With no problems.