post picture to blogger

K

KC

I can't beleave it. I've search every where, Blogger Help, Blogger User
Group, Microsoft Word 2007 Help and User Group, there are many question about
"How To Post Picture to Blogger with Word 2007", BUT NO BODY CAN ANSWER THAT.
What a shame for Microsoft, they put a feature in Word 2007 (a great
feature) but they don't give the answer of how to make it work.

S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi K.C.,

It's been awhile, but unfortunately, Google's Blogger doesn't make the Blogger Picture upload server directly available to the Word
2007 blogging tool that I recall.

You can upload the pictures ahead of time through your Blogspot site via the built in post editor, or host your Pictures on a
picture service such as Google's picasa (which also lets you publish Blogger entries).

If you're editing in Word 2007's blogging tool, first be sure to edit the picture to the size you want before you add it to the Word
2007 blog entry.

If the picture service you use can't be connected through the 'Manage Accounts' choice for picture 'Source URL', then locate the
picture on the website/picture host you're using, right click the picture there, choose properties and copy the URL for the picture
(in some cases using 'Copy shortcut' from the right click menu will work.

In Word 2007's Blog document use Insert=>Picture but instead of selecting a picture from your hard drive either navigate to the
picture via 'Look In' if you've set up the page as a 'Network Place' or paste into the Picture 'FileName' line the URL to the
picture property you have there then choose the 'Link to file' choice in the Insert|V button.

None of Word 2007's picture editing tools (frames, shadows, etc) carry over to your Blogger entry when you publish.

==============
I can't beleave it. I've search every where, Blogger Help, Blogger User
Group, Microsoft Word 2007 Help and User Group, there are many question about
"How To Post Picture to Blogger with Word 2007", BUT NO BODY CAN ANSWER THAT.
What a shame for Microsoft, they put a feature in Word 2007 (a great
feature) but they don't give the answer of how to make it work.>>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

K

KC

Hi,
Happy New Year 2008.
Thanks for your information, I think I've made some progress, but my
pictures still won't show up in blogger.
What shoud I do with the Manage Account, Picture Option? What should I fill
in Picture Provider, Upload URL and Source URL?

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi KC,

If you're going to be using Word 2007's Bloging tool, it may be easier to get a blog on a service that lets you include pictures
from your documents, or for Blogger to use one of the tools available on or for tha Service.

For Blogger the Source URL is related to the website/blog/picture site (such as your Picasa account from
ttp://picasaweb.google.com - which is Google/Blogger's preferred source) and may not even be needed when using the link method
mentioned previously. The Upload URL is your Blogger blog
(ex: (e-mail address removed))

Unfortunately, Word 2007 appears to ignore the Picture Source URL when using the Blogtool Insert=>Picture choice (i.e. it may not go
to the Source URL as the default from Insert=>Picture

Using Blogger or Picasa's blog editor may be simpler.

================
Hi,
Happy New Year 2008.
Thanks for your information, I think I've made some progress, but my
pictures still won't show up in blogger.
What shoud I do with the Manage Account, Picture Option? What should I fill in Picture Provider, Upload URL and Source URL?>>
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Ask a Question