    Kindly,
    Mikael
    Sweden

    Mikael Lindqvist, Sep 16, 2009

  2. Mikael Lindqvist

    Duane Hookom Guest

    Have you tried designing your report to not exceed the right margin? You can
    set controls to allow (or not) vertical growing.
    --
    Duane Hookom
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Duane Hookom, Sep 16, 2009

  3. Hi and thanks for your promt reply and suggestion!

    I have tried to fit everything within 1 page width but my reports is a
    profit & loss account with 12 columns (for periods) plus a growing number of
    columns with comments (1 column per month contains comments). So I would have
    to make it really small and unreadable to achieve that.

    Everything is built around a crosstab query.

    As far as I can get my head around this the "best" solution would be if I
    could:

    a) Force the width to fit on 1 page (like you can do in excel)

    b) Define "printable area" (leaving out the comment columns)

    Right now, the only solution I can come up with is only print odd number
    pages (even number pages contain comments). Also, I tried tagging the comment
    columns "only visible on screen", but that doesn't stop the "emtpy" page from
    appearing when I try to print the report).

    Kindly,
    Mikael

    Mikael Lindqvist, Sep 17, 2009
  4. Mikael Lindqvist

    Duane Hookom Guest

    Another option might be to export your query to Excel and formatting for
    print there.

    --
    Duane Hookom
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Duane Hookom, Sep 17, 2009
  5. Yes, but I'm using a dynamic report from crosstab query with everything quite
    nicely formated in groups etc... it would be REALLY cumbersome to achieve
    something similar in Excel (and I'm a fairly experienced Excel-user).

    Access reports simply kick ass, but they are not perfect of course :p

    (For example, I really wish it would be possible / easy to make values in
    the report "clickable" so a user can drill down by clicking in the report)

    /Mikael

    Mikael Lindqvist, Sep 17, 2009