Position of message boxes

G

GeV

It seems that whenever a message box/window appears (say when you're copying something) it positions itself at the worst point in
your screen: The upper left hand corner, thereby blocking what you're doing in that program. Is there any way of controlling this?
I'd like it relegated to the bottom right hand corner which is the least used area of most people's workspace. Having to drag it
seems so tedious and Apple-like. Surely we're above that? There must be away of controlling the position of where it chooses to
open?

R

Riyazuddin Sk

--
Hi

GeV said:
It seems that whenever a message box/window appears (say when you're copying something) it positions itself at the worst point in
your screen: The upper left hand corner, thereby blocking what you're doing in that program. Is there any way of controlling this?
I'd like it relegated to the bottom right hand corner which is the least used area of most people's workspace. Having to drag it
seems so tedious and Apple-like. Surely we're above that? There must be away of controlling the position of where it chooses to
open?

Hi,

right click on desktop from "display properties" change your theme (other
than current) and apply then change back to windows xp and apply.

if problem still exists uninstall your display driver and reinstall.

J

ju.c

You can only change the side. That is, either top-left (default) or top-right.

I don't remember how, though. If you can't find it on a search I'll try to find it.

ju.c

G

GeV

right click on desktop from "display properties" change your theme (other
than current) and apply then change back to windows xp and apply.

How is changing the theme going to control where the message box appears?
if problem still exists uninstall your display driver and reinstall.

What's this got to do with the display driver? Does that control where XP decides to position message boxes?

G

GeV

Shouldn't it remember the last position it was in?
And is "message box" or "message window" the correct term to use in describing this?

Ask a Question