Ports not working in Vista

Debug

Hi guys

I have a wireless PPPOE. Connects well and seamless. I run dualboot
and it goes great in XP. In Vista I cannot use FTP (Port 21) or
Newsgroups (115). All http traffic seems ok. I disabled the Win
Firewall set the network to Private (I think public has more
protection). Even did a clean install and still I cannot access those
port services in Vista.

I even had a look in the file "protocol" in c:\windows\system32\divers
in vista and noted that those services are NOT listed here as in XP:
no FTP and no News entries. Surely Microsoft didnt break something
like this in Vista? My torrents also do not connect.

Is anyone else experiencing problems when FTPing? Anyone know of this
problem?

Regards
Electric

I am having about the same problem. The only programs that seem to work on
the internet for me are IE7 and Windows Update. FTP and all other programs
not working, with or without the firewall.