Popup-blocker detection?

Manish Jain

Platform: C# (1.1)/ASP.Net web application running over IE 5.5+/IIS 5.0

I have a web application that makes heavy usage of window.open(...) to open
popups. But my users who have popup-blockers like google/yahoo toolbar
installed face problems.

Is it possible to detect using Javascript or on the server (IIS 5/6) using
C# (Framework 1.1) if any such software is installe dor not? I want to
redirect to a page in that case.

Any help or tip would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Manish Jain

*Vanguard*

Manish Jain said in news:esVAtB%[email protected]:
Platform: C# (1.1)/ASP.Net web application running over IE 5.5+/IIS
5.0 ==================================================

I have a web application that makes heavy usage of window.open(...)
to open popups. But my users who have popup-blockers like
google/yahoo toolbar installed face problems.

Is it possible to detect using Javascript or on the server (IIS 5/6)
using C# (Framework 1.1) if any such software is installe dor not? I
want to redirect to a page in that case.

Any help or tip would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Manish Jain

Tell your users to use Ctrl-mouseclick to open the popup when using your
javascripted link. Most popup blockers allow temporary disable of
blocking by using this key-mouse combo. It is up to your users to add
your domain or page's URL to their popup blocker's whitelist, if such a
feature is available. Some popup blockers are intelligent in knowing
that a user deliberately clicking on a link is okay for opening a popup
window, and some will even ignore a javascripted popup if it is opened
via a shortcut in their Links folder under their Favorites list, but
many are fairly stupid popup blockers, especially the freebie ones.