Populate a Userform from an existing Record.

Dooley007

I am making a database that will contain about 1500 records when it is
completed. I have need to go back into certain Records and make
corrections to the data. I have been able to select the record (by
searching for the Last Name) I want to change but I would like to
re-populate a userform with the existing data and then make any
necessary revisions. Then I will add the revised record back into its
original place.

I can't seem to get the info back into a userform so that my program
will run and make the changes to approprate cells. Any help would be
greatley appreciated.

I hope this is clear enough and someone with more programming knowledge
will be able to help.

Jim Cone

You could...
Use a ListBox on the form filled with the 1500 records.
Selecting a ListBox item would add that item to a Textbox.
User would edit the Textbox and press a button which
would add the corrected text back to the database.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Dooley007" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I am making a database that will contain about 1500 records when it is
completed. I have need to go back into certain Records and make
corrections to the data. I have been able to select the record (by
searching for the Last Name) I want to change but I would like to
re-populate a userform with the existing data and then make any
necessary revisions. Then I will add the revised record back into its
original place.

I can't seem to get the info back into a userform so that my program
will run and make the changes to approprate cells. Any help would be
greatley appreciated.

I hope this is clear enough and someone with more programming knowledge
will be able to help.

Tom Ogilvy

Dim rng as Range, res as Variant
Dim rng1 as Range
With worksheets("Sheet1")
set rng = .Range(.Cells(2,1),.Cells(2,1).End(xldown))
End with
res = Application.Match(me.Textbox1.Text,rng,0)
if not iserror(res) then
set rng1 = rng(res)
me.Textbox2 = rng1.offset(0,1)
me.Textbox3 = rng1.offset(0,2)
Else
msgbox me.Textbox1.Text & " was not found"
End if

if you have your "index" values loaded into a combobox, then use the
combobox1.ListIndex property to find the row.

Dooley007

Tom said:
Dim rng as Range, res as Variant
Dim rng1 as Range
With worksheets("Sheet1")
set rng = .Range(.Cells(2,1),.Cells(2,1).End(xldown))
End with
res = Application.Match(me.Textbox1.Text,rng,0)
if not iserror(res) then
set rng1 = rng(res)
me.Textbox2 = rng1.offset(0,1)
me.Textbox3 = rng1.offset(0,2)
Else
msgbox me.Textbox1.Text & " was not found"
End if

if you have your "index" values loaded into a combobox, then use the
combobox1.ListIndex property to find the row.

Thanks guys for the replies. This will help a lot!

RealmSteel

This is what I did.
My user form actually pulled data from 2 different worksheets.
You could modify it to pull from your database record

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Worksheets("RFI LOG").Unprotect
' Read initial values from RFI LOG:
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("RFI LOG").Activate
txtJobNum.Text = Cells(8, 3).Value
txtJobName.Text = Cells(8, 5).Value
txtContractor.Text = Cells(9, 3).Value

' Read initial values from Template:
Sheets("Template").Visible = True
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Template").Activate
txtAuthor.Text = Cells(10, 9).Value
txtSendTo.Text = Cells(11, 2).Value
txtCopyTo.Text = Cells(12, 2).Value
End Sub