PopCorn E-Mail Client

My Name

Popcorn e-mail client version 1.73 released (21-December-2004)

Freeware demo version v.s. the registered (shareware) version

The freeware demo available for download from this page is
limited to one account profile, the registered version allows
you to create and use an unlimited number of account profiles.
In all other respects, the freeware demo is identical to the
full and unlimited registered version, and the freeware demo
never expires or nags for registration.

http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/

news

Really this isn't freeware but crippleware for anyone with more than one
email account, which is probably the majority. Why would one buy a
shareware email client when there is a nice range of free ones?

lysander

Really this isn't freeware but crippleware for anyone with more than one
email account, which is probably the majority. Why would one buy a
shareware email client when there is a nice range of free ones?

Because it's very tiny and runs off a floppy/usb drive?

Collin

My Name said:
Popcorn e-mail client version 1.73 released (21-December-2004)

Freeware demo version v.s. the registered (shareware) version

The freeware demo available for download from this page is
limited to one account profile, the registered version allows
you to create and use an unlimited number of account profiles.
In all other respects, the freeware demo is identical to the
full and unlimited registered version, and the freeware demo
never expires or nags for registration.

http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/

Last true freeware version is 1.48 which has no restrctions.

http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/index.html#PopCorn

Collin

My Name

(e-mail address removed) wrote in
Because it's very tiny and runs off a floppy/usb drive?

Version I'm using now (1.65b6) doesn't even write to the
registry!

Shel

Collin said:
Last true freeware version is 1.48 which has no restrctions.

http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/index.html#PopCorn

I just sen this email:

From: Sheldon Isaac <[email protected]>
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: popcorn 1.50b3
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:08:26 -0500

Do you want to post it?

POPCOR~1 ZIP 128,123 11-11-03 11:54a popcorn150b3.zip

------------ -------- -------- --- ------- -------- ------ -------- ----
popcorn_mailto.reg 798 Deflated 71% 231 5-28-03 1:34p 6ED1490D ---a
popreadme.txt 46123 Deflated 66% 15599 9-10-03 7:56p FF536612 ---a
popcorn.exe 241664 Deflated 54% 111959 9-10-03 9:32p 84628A6D ---a

ms

Frank said:
I like nPOP and have run it from a floppy. No reason why it should not
run from a USB drive. Also supports SMTP-AUTH and multiple accounts.

http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/index_eng.html
Haven't used it in awhile, but Popcorn can open an email on the server, if spam,
delete there.

Reading the nPOP site, it seems you have to download the email to open it. Is this
right?

Mike Sa

Frank Hahn

ms said:
Reading the nPOP site, it seems you have to download the email to open
it. Is this right?
The email is downloaded to display but I am not sure it is actually saved
to disk unless you specifically save it. It also does not save any
attachments which is what I like about it.

I also like the small size, multiple accounts, etc. You can tell the
program was translated from Japanese in some of the menus, but other than
that, I think it is a neat program.

The download size is approximately 100,000 bytes and only needs to be
unzipped in a directory of your choosing.

ms

Frank said:
The email is downloaded to display but I am not sure it is actually saved
to disk unless you specifically save it. It also does not save any
attachments which is what I like about it.

I also like the small size, multiple accounts, etc. You can tell the
program was translated from Japanese in some of the menus, but other than
that, I think it is a neat program.

The download size is approximately 100,000 bytes and only needs to be
unzipped in a directory of your choosing.
Thanks, Frank. Popcorn can show the text on the server, delete it there. I now use
a throwaway free email account so don't need it right now. Maybe in the future again.

Mike Sa