    I also noticed that the porn was added into my Favorites list too. Those were deleted with no problem, but I cannot remove this search engine. Is anyone familiar with this one
    Thank you so much in advance
    Steve

    Guest, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Try Ad Aware:
    www.lavasoftusa.com

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User
    Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

    Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\), Mar 2, 2004

    Also try spybot search and destroy

    Guest, Mar 2, 2004

    anon Guest

    Watch out for your address window history. Some porn
    sights lock themselves on, and they won't delete.

    anon, Mar 2, 2004

    Thank you for the links. I installed the lavasoft but it still pops up. I'll give spybot a try later today. If this thing is not delete-able, I guess I can always the re-format option with the recovery disc.
    Thanks again
    Stev

    Guest, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Did you also run Ad Aware, it is not a blocker, at least the free version
    isn't, it's meant to find the sources on your system and can be used to
    remove them.

    If after running Ad Aware and Spybot, if they find no issues, it may be
    coming in through the Windows Messenger Service. NOTE: this is not IM but a
    network service enabled by default on XP.

    If that is the case, see the following link for information on disabling
    this service:

    Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\), Mar 3, 2004