Pop Up bookmark in hotspot

Pam

I think I got buried previous and I really need an answer to this - so
forgive me for asking again-

I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within the artwork is a
'button' to click to bookmark the site - how can I incorporate the script
for bookmark on this 'button' with the hotspot tool? using fp2003

the answers I got were good - however when I draw the hotspot in the picture
there is really no where to put the script - I have to put something in the
'address' box or the hotspot disappears. So what I tried was to put
'something' in and then go into the edit view and re do the script ... it
seems like it works, but then when I hit preview and click on it - it keeps
going to a 'page not found' .. I tried adding the 1st part of the script to
the head tag and then the link script to where the code is at on the hotspot
link ... but then I get an error on the script....HELP??!!!

any help appreciated

thanks

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

try linking it to the page that the bookmark will be on, then try altering the code.

| I think I got buried previous and I really need an answer to this - so
| forgive me for asking again-
|
| I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within the artwork is a
| 'button' to click to bookmark the site - how can I incorporate the script
| for bookmark on this 'button' with the hotspot tool? using fp2003
|
| the answers I got were good - however when I draw the hotspot in the picture
| there is really no where to put the script - I have to put something in the
| 'address' box or the hotspot disappears. So what I tried was to put
| 'something' in and then go into the edit view and re do the script ... it
| seems like it works, but then when I hit preview and click on it - it keeps
| going to a 'page not found' .. I tried adding the 1st part of the script to
| the head tag and then the link script to where the code is at on the hotspot
| link ... but then I get an error on the script....HELP??!!!
|
| any help appreciated
|
| thanks
|

| --
| Blessings,
| Pam

Pam

the 'bookmark' I want the link to be is the one for the script that pops up
the little box that says "Bookmark this Page" and then opens up the viewer's
favorites and adds the page to their bookmarked sites.

I did try what you suggested - just in case I'm missing something in the
directions - I drew my hotspot around the picture - put in index.html and
then went into the code - I took out <area href="index.html" and then
pasted in:

<area href=<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
&& (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4))
{
var url="HTTP://WWW.YOURWEBSITE.COM/";
var title="YOURWEBSITE DESCRIPTION (this will display on favorites
listing)";
document.write('<A
HREF="javascript:window.external.AddFavorite(url,title);"');
else {
var msg = "<b>Bookmark YOURWEBSITE!</b>";
if(navigator.appName == "Netscape") msg += " <b> - press(Ctrl-D) on your
keyboard.</b>";
document.write(msg);
}
</script>

but it still doesn't work

any other ideas? maybe I can't do this type of thing?
--
Blessings,
Pam

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message try linking it to the page that the bookmark will be on, then try altering
the code.

| I think I got buried previous and I really need an answer to this - so
| forgive me for asking again-
|
| I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within the artwork is
| 'button' to click to bookmark the site - how can I incorporate the script
| for bookmark on this 'button' with the hotspot tool? using fp2003
|
| the answers I got were good - however when I draw the hotspot in the
picture
| there is really no where to put the script - I have to put something in
the
| 'address' box or the hotspot disappears. So what I tried was to put
| 'something' in and then go into the edit view and re do the script ... it
| seems like it works, but then when I hit preview and click on it - it
keeps
| going to a 'page not found' .. I tried adding the 1st part of the script
| the head tag and then the link script to where the code is at on the
hotspot
| link ... but then I get an error on the script....HELP??!!!
|
| any help appreciated
|
| thanks
|

| --
| Blessings,
| Pam

Stefan B Rusynko

Remove All the code you pasted in the hyperlink tag (a href=) and paste it in the HEAD section (before the </head> tag) as

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
Function addtofavorites() {
if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4)) {
var url="HTTP://WWW.YOURWEBSITE.COM/";
var title="YOURWEBSITE DESCRIPTION (this will display on favorites listing)";
document.write('<A HREF="javascript:window.external.AddFavorite(url,title);"');
} else {
var msg = "<b>Bookmark YOURWEBSITE!</b>";
if(navigator.appName == "Netscape") msg += " <b> - press(Ctrl-D) on your keyboard.</b>";
document.write(msg);
} }
</script>

Note: The above code can not wrap - each line above ends in a { or } or ;

Then in your hyperlink tag (a href=" ") add: javascript: addtofavorites()
so it look like:
--

| the 'bookmark' I want the link to be is the one for the script that pops up
| the little box that says "Bookmark this Page" and then opens up the viewer's
| favorites and adds the page to their bookmarked sites.
|
| I did try what you suggested - just in case I'm missing something in the
| directions - I drew my hotspot around the picture - put in index.html and
| then went into the code - I took out <area href="index.html" and then
| pasted in:
|
| <area href=<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
|
| if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer")
| && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4))
| {
| var url="HTTP://WWW.YOURWEBSITE.COM/";
| var title="YOURWEBSITE DESCRIPTION (this will display on favorites
| listing)";
| document.write('<A
| HREF="javascript:window.external.AddFavorite(url,title);"');
| else {
| var msg = "<b>Bookmark YOURWEBSITE!</b>";
| if(navigator.appName == "Netscape") msg += " <b> - press(Ctrl-D) on your
| keyboard.</b>";
| document.write(msg);
| }
| </script>
|
| but it still doesn't work
|
| any other ideas? maybe I can't do this type of thing?
| --
| Blessings,
| Pam
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | try linking it to the page that the bookmark will be on, then try altering
| the code.
|

| | | I think I got buried previous and I really need an answer to this - so
| | forgive me for asking again-
| |
| | I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within the artwork is
| | 'button' to click to bookmark the site - how can I incorporate the script
| | for bookmark on this 'button' with the hotspot tool? using fp2003
| |
| | the answers I got were good - however when I draw the hotspot in the
| picture
| | there is really no where to put the script - I have to put something in
| the
| | 'address' box or the hotspot disappears. So what I tried was to put
| | 'something' in and then go into the edit view and re do the script ... it
| | seems like it works, but then when I hit preview and click on it - it
| keeps
| | going to a 'page not found' .. I tried adding the 1st part of the script
| | the head tag and then the link script to where the code is at on the
| hotspot
| | link ... but then I get an error on the script....HELP??!!!
| |
| | any help appreciated
| |
| | thanks
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --
| | Blessings,
| | Pam
| |
| |
| |

Pam

I couldn't get that one to work - see
http://www.lincolncountymagazine.com/index4.htm

but I did find this script on line after hours and hours of searching and it
did work - the script was in head:

<script>
function AddToBookmarks (url,title) {
window.external.AddFavorite(url,title); }
</script>

in map link: I added the info to the shape info

<area href="javascript:AddToBookmarks(self.location.href,window.title)"
shape="rect" coords="36, 375, 168, 414">

its on http://www.lincolncountymagazine.com/index3.htm and it works great!
easy too - in case anyone else needs this thing figured out easily!

thanks for your help - if you can find out what I did with the script you
gave me, please let meknow -

oh yeah - you have to click on the BOOKMARK button