Anthony Smith

Good Morning,

I hope everyone is doing well. My boss has a Treo 700 with Windows Mobile
on it. How do you set the Time Zone for Outlook on the Pocket PC. There are
some calendar items that are showing different dates than what's on the
desktop PC. Usually that is because the timezone within outlook is
different.
I know how to change the Time Zone for Outlook on the Windows XP machine but
how do you change the timezone for Outlook on the PocketPC?

For example, there is a calendar event on the Desktop outlook for Nov. 29
but on the PPC it says Nov. 28th.

Sincerely,
Anthony Smith
In God We Trust!

B

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

In addition, get ready for a couple of weeks of confusion unless the
treo is covereed under the windows mobile dst patch...

some, such as I, will address this two weeks resetting the time rather
than the patch.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

A

Anthony Smith

Thanks for the reply. That setting is correct, but what about the Time Zone for Outlook?
I checked the Desktop PC under outlook and that setting is correct, but the PPC is still displaying an item with the wrong start and stop date. It's 1 day off.

Is there a way you can set the time zone for Outlook on the PPC?
On the Desktop PC I go to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Time Zone
When there are conflicts with dates amongst desktop users, that's usually the setting I change but don't know how to do this with the PPC.
Go to Start, Settings, Clocks, then set your time zone from there.

S

Sven

There is only one setting on the PPC, and IMHO there should only be one on the PC. Unfortunately there are two...at least. Check the system clock time zone on the PC. That's right click on the task bar time (bottom right), adjust date and time, and check the time zone setting there. If it is different than what you have the Outlook on the desktop set for, be prepared for some fun. You will likely wind up moving all the appointments on the desktop if/when you change this.

There is a knowledge base article on changing time zones and not changing appointment times. It amounts to saving all the appointments to a PST, changing the TZ, and re-importing all the appointments.

--
Sven
MS MVP Mobile Devices
Thanks for the reply. That setting is correct, but what about the Time Zone for Outlook?
I checked the Desktop PC under outlook and that setting is correct, but the PPC is still displaying an item with the wrong start and stop date. It's 1 day off.

Is there a way you can set the time zone for Outlook on the PPC?
On the Desktop PC I go to Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Time Zone
When there are conflicts with dates amongst desktop users, that's usually the setting I change but don't know how to do this with the PPC.
Go to Start, Settings, Clocks, then set your time zone from there.

Ask a Question