Pls help How to feed paper for Canon S9000?

Ramesh

I bought BRAND NEW Canon S9000 printer. This is my FIRST printer.
I read read the canon manual but does not explain PROPERLY how to feed
the paper. When ever I print I get paperjam error. I am certain that I
am not feeding the paper correctly and that is why I am getting
paperjam error.

I hope Canon S9000 users will be able to help me in explaining "How to
feed paper".

On the feeding tray there are 4 things. Let us say
M1- Movable big guide that needs to be moved after pinching the
guide
M2 & M3 - Movable spring like very thin guides
M4 - Fixed guide at the right most end.

I am trying to print 4x6 prints. My questions are
1) I first insert the paper in potrait mode.
Till how deep should I insert?

2) I think, I should move the paper towards right end.
Should I have to move till M4 or M3?
If I have to move close to M3, do I have to hold the M3
manually(because its
like spring like) till the printing is done?

3) What should the left edge of the photo paper be touching M1 or M2?

I spoke to Canon customer support but it was NO help.

Thanks
Ramesh

Michael J Davis

Ramesh said:
I bought BRAND NEW Canon S9000 printer. This is my FIRST printer.
I read read the canon manual but does not explain PROPERLY how to feed
the paper. When ever I print I get paperjam error. I am certain that I
am not feeding the paper correctly and that is why I am getting
paperjam error.

I hope Canon S9000 users will be able to help me in explaining "How to
feed paper".

On the feeding tray there are 4 things. Let us say
M1- Movable big guide that needs to be moved after pinching the
guide
M2 & M3 - Movable spring like very thin guides
M4 - Fixed guide at the right most end.

I am trying to print 4x6 prints. My questions are
1) I first insert the paper in potrait mode.
Till how deep should I insert?

I have never used paper as small as 4x6, but given that it is photo
paper, it should be stiff enough. Just let it drop in after you have
adjusted......
2) I think, I should move the paper towards right end. Yes.
Should I have to move till M4 or M3?
Ignore M2 & M3 - these are just supports to stop the paper sagging.

Looking from the front, the Right hand side of the paper should rest
against M4.
If I have to move close to M3, do I have to hold the M3
manually(because its
like spring like) till the printing is done?
*Ignore M3*
3) What should the left edge of the photo paper be touching M1 or M2?
Ignore M2, Make sure that the M1 guide is moved close to your paper, so
there is only (less than) 1mm clearance between the guide and your
paper.

At the moment- because of your problems - I am recommending not pushing
M1 to touch your paper as long as the paper is touching M4.

That way the paper should drop into the feed mechanism, and be grabbed
by that. With small paper, as you suggest, any friction between the
sides may prevent it reaching the feed. Later, when you know it is
working properly, you can tighten up the sides, which will improve the
control of white margins etc.
I spoke to Canon customer support but it was NO help.

;-)

Hope this is.....

Mike
Michael J Davis
<><
Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
<><

Mike

Hi, again, Ramesh,
The S9000 paper loading even had me scratching my head at first. I couldn't
figure out which side of the paper input tray to load. There are no pictures
of loaded paper on the box or in the StartHere foldout. However, page
through the Quick Start guide (pg 6, etc) and you will see that the loaded
paper sits in the right hand side of the input tray. (right hand side if you
are in front of the printer looking towards the rear). Just move the small
gray paper guide (squeeze it) until its the same width as the paper. Just
place the paper on the input tray. No need to shove it into the printer. My
4x6 photo paper I put in narrow width (4") first with 6" dimension sticking
up.

I believe you were having trouble with the ink carts earlier. You may have
moved the thickness lever on the print head. With the printer on, lift up
the cover and the print head will move to the center. The thickness lever
must be pushed to the left for normal papers. Hope that helps. You can
email me if need. Use my first name and domain name below to make the
address.

Ramesh

Thank you very much everybody, I was able to successfully feed the
paper with your help.
But I was not able print. The paper comes out without ink on it. I can
see head moving on the paper as if it is printing.

I did following to solve this
1) I ran (deep) cleaned 10 times.
2) I ran Nozzle check twice.

This is a newprinter, new original canon paper.

Any idea what's wrong.
I am thinking of exchanging it.

Thanks
Ramesh

Michael J Davis

Ramesh said:
Thank you very much everybody, I was able to successfully feed the
paper with your help.
But I was not able print. The paper comes out without ink on it. I can
see head moving on the paper as if it is printing.

I did following to solve this
1) I ran (deep) cleaned 10 times.
2) I ran Nozzle check twice.

This is a newprinter, new original canon paper.

Any idea what's wrong.
I am thinking of exchanging it.

Just to be quite clear - you mean that print test page doesn't work?
[from:- Control Panel | Printers | Canon S9000 | Printer | Properties |
Print Test Page]

If it has never worked, then you shouldn't be worrying about the small
photos!

Mike
Michael J Davis
<><
Some newsgroup contributors appear to have confused
the meaning of "discussion" with "digression".
<><

Ramesh

I tried testing TEST PRINT using control panel.
And also for printed using Adobe PS and Canon Easy Print tool.

So nothing seems to work this printer. I sent mail to Wolfecamera,
they offered replace or return.

Happy new year
Ramesh

Michael J Davis said:
Ramesh said:
Thank you very much everybody, I was able to successfully feed the
paper with your help.
But I was not able print. The paper comes out without ink on it. I can
see head moving on the paper as if it is printing.

I did following to solve this
1) I ran (deep) cleaned 10 times.
2) I ran Nozzle check twice.

This is a newprinter, new original canon paper.

Any idea what's wrong.
I am thinking of exchanging it.

Just to be quite clear - you mean that print test page doesn't work?
[from:- Control Panel | Printers | Canon S9000 | Printer | Properties |
Print Test Page]

If it has never worked, then you shouldn't be worrying about the small
photos!

Mike

Kevin Thornton

Michael J Davis <[email protected]> wrote in message
Ramesh said:
Thank you very much everybody, I was able to successfully feed the
paper with your help.
But I was not able print. The paper comes out without ink on it. I can
see head moving on the paper as if it is printing.

I did following to solve this
1) I ran (deep) cleaned 10 times.
2) I ran Nozzle check twice.

This is a newprinter, new original canon paper.

Any idea what's wrong.
I am thinking of exchanging it.

Just to be quite clear - you mean that print test page doesn't work?
[from:- Control Panel | Printers | Canon S9000 | Printer | Properties |
Print Test Page]

If it has never worked, then you shouldn't be worrying about the small
photos!

Mike

When you 1st installed it did you get a screen saying something along the
lines of: This printer needs to have its head aligned. You press OK and the
head alignment starts by printing out a page.

Is the print head lever lock properly down?