Votes: 1 3.8%

Votes: 2 7.7%

Votes: 6 23.1%

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've received the entries back from the logo competition, and I'd like you to tell me which entries you like the best for a bit more further work. Colours/Fonts etc... can easily be changed:

1) The Current Logo

2)
pcreviewbg2.jpg

3)
pcreviewbg3.jpg

4)
pcreview5.jpg

5)
pcreviewbg6.jpg

6)
pcreview6.jpg

7)
27280.jpg

8)
pcreview7.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Agree with crazylegs but the colour scheme of the bottom one is more eye catching.

So it's No 8 for me

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like 4a and 7 the best - I think #7 needs more work, but is a good design to base a final logo on.

After a few days I'll make a decision based on the one with the most votes :)

Reaction score
I`ve gotta side with Ian.

4 (a) Definetely, although I`m not sure of the orange colour?

I think the colour scheme from 2, or 8b would be better.

All the logos are good though; and at the end of the day as they say, "Its down to personal preferance!"

Just my preferance.

Steve

Reaction score
I dont like number 7, i really dont like it...

4 a/b or 5 for me... 4a is the winner though...

KGB

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I like 4 also, but not too keen on the coloursheme (the orange doesnt seem to fit the site), and maybe with a glow around the text similar to that seen in 8.

8 is also a close second, but could do with a computing image somewhere.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Voting seems to be between 4/7/8 at the moment :)

Just to add, all of these logos can have modifications to them to get them looking right - these are just preliminary designs.

Do you think #7 would look good if it was smartened up, but 4a looks pretty nifty as it is :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian,

How about putting the three in a blender and serving it chilled? :D What I mean is if the three can be merged into one good looking logo by picking up good ideas from each. As you say they are not final so there must be a way.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Ian,

How about putting the three in a blender and serving it chilled? :D What I mean is if the three can be merged into one good looking logo by picking up good ideas from each. As you say they are not final so there must be a way.

I did think about that but some are from different designers, but if you have any ideas on how to change them I'll post the comments to them :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I did think about that but some are from different designers, but if you have any ideas on how to change them I'll post the comments to them :)

I have carefully analysed the designs and my personal take on it (IMHO) is as follows:

• I really like the artistic way the line on “Review” crosses from left to right in 8b
  • I think the star on top of “i” in 8a is interesting, it should be incorporated, it can represent the member, as that is what we think of them in their own right.
  • The shape of the monitor in 7a and 7b is very unusual and artistic at the same time
  • The flow of the writing in 7 is not very easy on the eye, unlike in 8 which is very easy to read and having simplistic approach. In my opinion any design in which text is not easy to read confuses the reader.
  • The colour scheme should compliment the current colour scheme of PC Review, but can be enhanced by adding one more colour to blend with say navy, or even the shade or orange in 7 or 8.
  • The outline on the desigh 4 gives the name of the site an added boost and emphasis, if that can be incorporated it would look nice too.
I do not expect you to to consider all what is suggested but I am throwing all the ideas that I could think of

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers Quad, I'll keep those in mind :) I'm especially interested on your thoughts about #7 as I think that has potential as its nice, simple and memorable... I do think 4a looks very good though.

Reaction score
I think no 8 is definitely the best more impact than the others and eye catching by the way the site as a whole looks really good

Reaction score
number 4 for me

thats 4 4 me!!
lol

i think its v original and does not look too flashy like.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Votes are very close now, I'll give it another couple of days before the winner is announced.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I dont know, i like #8, but i also like the one we have now... hmm... i cant choose on this one...this should be interseting

Last edited:
Reaction score
4a for sure :) I do Art GCSE so trust me !!! haha :)

Nah seriously doe i like 4a more ... since it's about pcs, and that has a moniter ... it makes more sense :) lol

And the colours go well with eachother i feel. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Can I be a real grumpy killjoy and say I'm not really fond of any of them?

Sorry :blush:

If forced, I'd say 8a, on further reflection, though I originally voted for something different.

Although it looks like somebody has slashed it with a Stanley knife.

And orange, imo, is just plain yucky.

Perhaps I had better just keep quiet ;)

Ask a Question