Please help, nearly got it

Reaction score
Hi

I have setup DFS is it correct if the dc with the dfsroot on is down dfs wont work?

if so then is it possible to create 2 dfs roots of the same name on each dc

waht i am trying to achieve is i have 2 dcs one with my roaming profile on and as both dcs are capable of authenticating me to the domain i would like complete redundacy so when the dc with my profile on is down it will be loaded from the other dc

i believe now after playing with dfs this isnt possible as i have to run the dfsroot on a dc and when that is unavailable the other dc cant access the profile thru the dfs namespace . the profile attribute of the user object points to the a share which is replicated via dfs

\\domain.com\share\profile

is there any way possible to achieve this as i now aint sure the only way i can see if have the root available to both dcs and i cant find out if this is supported or not recommended

S

Reaction score
aplogies for wrong NG cant edit the post for some reason, re the DFS question tho i thought the whole idea was redundancy and it appears there is a single point of failure (the machine with the dfsroot on) right?

Ask a Question