Please Help - Displaying listbox data in text boxes

B

Braeden Ashton

I've never used msaccess before, but I need to help my mother out so I'm trying to work my way through. I've made a form that has a search field for a phone number and I need it to show the information for customers in different fields: lastname, firstname, address, service notes, etc. So far I have a table set up with the raw data. Then I have a query for phone numbers that's using a text box on the form as criteria. I have a command button that updates the query and the 'first names' of the query are displayed in a list box. I have the text boxes values set up to take the value from the list box and everything fills in correctly except when there's a family (more than one person in the listbox under the same number)... then it only displays the information for one name. How do I get it to switch records by selection in the list box??? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me :)

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

J

Jeanette Cunningham

One quick way to see how access can do this is to have a look at either the
sample database called Northwind or download a template database from
Microsoft.com.

To quickly get to a suitable template database, open Access, choose create
new database and choose the option to select a template database - one for
addresses, sales or contacts would be OK to see how customer information can
be displayed and edited.

To get the Northwind sample database, open Access and from the Help menu