Access Cannot select items in listbox

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm officially stumped. I have searched all threads about not being able to select items in listboxes and am still unable to find a solution.

I have an unbound listbox on my form lstRelatedACSs
This is based on a very simple query and filtered based on the value of a combo box on the form, such that the data in the listbox is defined as:

SELECT qryRelatedACSs.ACS_ID, qryRelatedACSs.ACS_Number, qryRelatedACSs.EquipID, qryRelatedACSs.ACS_Type
FROM qryRelatedACSs
WHERE (((qryRelatedACSs.EquipID)=[Forms]![frmAssignACS]![cboEquipment]));

The query itself is a very simple inner join between two tables.

The items in the listbox show up perfectly but they are not selectable. I have already tried:
  • Checking that the listbox is enabled (true) and locked (false)
  • Checked that the form is set up to allow edits
  • Created a new form and copied all components over to try and determine if the form is corrupted
I really need this listbox to work, any more ideas? I'm not sure what other information could be of use.

Thanks

Reaction score
Don't worry. What I hadn't tried was just to delete the listbox and recreate it. Grrrr Access does my head in at times. That's two hours of my life I'll never get back.

Anyway, it's working now. Thanks anyway.

Ask a Question