Please explain nVidia Platform Driver for x16 Ver.6.82

Randy

I currently built a system with the ASUS AN832SLI mb and would like to know
if I need to upgrade the platform drivers. First, where do I look to see
what platform drivers I currently have? and second, if I do need this
upgrade, do I just install it over what's currently in the system? I have
upgraded graphics drivers before, but not this.

The main reason I ask is I cannot get to the display driver from the nVidia
desktop manager and it looks like I should from the picture in the latest
ASUS AN832SLI Manual.
Thanks

peter

link for drivers is above.
Nvidia Desktop manager only works if you have an Nvidia graphics card....do
you and if so what type??

To find what version you are presently running look under
MyComputer/properties/hardware/device manager
and check the driver versions against those listed on the update web page.
It does no harm to reinstall the drivers over the present or older ones.
The Same update page also will give you video drivers if you have an Nvidea
video card.
peterk

Randy

Thanks Peter,
Yes I do have an Nvidia graphics card (eVGA 7800GTW) 2 of them in SLI mode.
I am using the latest video driver 8.1.9.8 and I have verified that in the
Device Manager but where exactly do I find the Platform version? The Nvidia
web site shows nForce 4 x16 ver. 6.8.2 winXP2K. I guess that is what I
would like to verify on my system before I load this.
Randy