"Please enter value"

G

Hi, I'm REALLY new to Frontpage, I created a form in which people on our intranet must enter a value (no constraints, could be text, could be numbers). All of the fields on the form allow the user to enter anything except for one field. When they go to submit the form (which goes to a database), you get the message "Please enter a value for the due date field" - the due date is the name of the question they are answering. I checked the validation and there are no constraints on the text box, the same as all of the other text boxes, but for some reason it won't allow you to submit the form! I hope I explained that well enough for someone to answer me... Thanks

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Crash_Gordon=AE?=

Do you have anything set in Data Length or Data Value?

| Hi, I'm REALLY new to Frontpage, I created a form in which people on our intranet must enter a value (no constraints, could be text, could be numbers). All of the fields on the form allow the user to enter anything except for one field. When they go to submit the form (which goes to a database), you get the message "Please enter a value for the due date field" - the due date is the name of the question they are answering. I checked the validation and there are no constraints on the text box, the same as all of the other text boxes, but for some reason it won't allow you to submit the form! I hope I explained that well enough for someone to answer me... Thanks

A

Andrew Murray

sounds like you have the "required" validation set on - check the 'required' box
is not checked else the field has to be filled in before it can be submitted.

RebeccaAP said:
Hi, I'm REALLY new to Frontpage, I created a form in which people on our
intranet must enter a value (no constraints, could be text, could be numbers).
All of the fields on the form allow the user to enter anything except for one
field. When they go to submit the form (which goes to a database), you get the
message "Please enter a value for the due date field" - the due date is the name
of the question they are answering. I checked the validation and there are no
constraints on the text box, the same as all of the other text boxes, but for
some reason it won't allow you to submit the form! I hope I explained that well
enough for someone to answer me... Thanks

G

No, I don't have the Required button checked and I don't have anything in Data Length or Data Value and I have it set to "No Constraints" !!!???

G

Nope, I don't have the Required box checked either... I'm really clueless as to why this isn't working!

Ask a Question