Plantz maintenance

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yesterday was sunny so I carried out a little plant maintenance, re-potting, pruning, discarding & weeding.

It's not sunny today so the cynical Mr Me will state that June 4th 2015 may have been our summer ;)

Some pix:

027.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

040.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

No plantz in this one but there's the observatory:

059.jpg

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Very nice piccies Sir Flopps... it looks like you have a good set of green-fingers, as your plants are thriving well! :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
a bit late, but then 'spring' was also ... looking great, what camera you using these days. :thumb:

please don't tell me it was your phone.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thank you TC and Mr Mucky :)

Mucks, that's a Fuji X-Pro 1 with the 'standard' 35mm lens which I've had since October. Bought the camera body used and the lens new.

Lately I've been thinking about selling it though. It takes a great pic but it's really quite complicated to use, almost like a fully manual SLR, and it doesn't always give of it's best on fully auto.

Plus there's a button where you'd normally put your thumb and I keep pressing it by mistake which changes the screen setting from view to a menu. I'm hoping Fuji will issue firmware with the option to disable that button. Plus it's quite big, I'd really like something a little smaller.

Then there's the cost of the lenses and a suitable flash gun is £160.00.

So, all in all I may have bitten off more than I can chew. As I said, a superb camera imo but not really suitable for me. All the above pix were taken on fully auto btw.

I've been looking at lots of cameras and it's annoying but they all seem to be packed with things I don't need like onboard photo-editing and interfaces to social media - no! Just gimme the camera, please.

After much reading I have my eye on this one: Sony DSC-RX100 III

With the Fuji I have a travel case; half leather case; two spare batteries; a good book and a di-optic viewfinder lens with x 3 magnification so I figure I should be able to get £600 for it (I paid a total of £900 for everything).

But I'm still thinking about it, I may persevere with the Fuji despite the somewhat steep learning curve.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah, I know a bit about the Fuji X series of cameras, a 'classic' design DSLR that has more manual control knobs than the original classic SLR had. Not for me, however, you should still get a damned good price for it to offset the cost of the Sony, if you do sell.

The Fuji X series has a big following with the 'professionals' because of the manuality (dunno if I just made that word up) of the camera's settings. I'd say, practice some more to bring out the the photographer in you. If you just want a point-n-shoot, use a ...

You know I prefer Sony from the 'other' two DSLRs and bought the A58 back last year ... is mirrorless like yous X-Pro 1, but the main reason I bought it was for the video aspects. Shame I keep forgetting to use it as video camera. :rolleyes: :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looking good there Mr Bootstomp! :thumb: Is that a Monkey Puzzle in the terracotta pot?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
profileblackmask.jpg

I walked out to my patio today and that strange person was sat there looking at me :eek:

Looking good there Mr Bootstomp! :thumb: Is that a Monkey Puzzle in the terracotta pot?

What's a monkey puzzle? :confused:

Sorry Becks, I have no idea, I'll take a look at the tag if it's still there tomorrow.

Reaction score
I have a big garden & i hate gardening!:rolleyes:
That said i do seem to buy a few lawnmowers, x4 in the last 10yrs!:blush:

Ask a Question