Piracy on a UK rig 27%

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Britain is a nation of pirate lovers with more than 25 per cent of the software being used in the UK being sourced illegally, according to the latest annual global IDC software piracy study.

More here

Do you believe it ?

Lower prices for CD`s and DVD`s then ...stop charging ridiculous prices ..greedy gits..then the 25 will surely lower
nod.gif

mind you, mine probably is i have Official Sony Psp software on it

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oooooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr, heave to me hearties, here by the river's shores we all love pirates.

They buy grog and purchase lodgings which contributes to the local economical well being so heave to, unstopper the rum barrel and raise your glasses to Salty Dick, Dead Leg Danny and Roger the not so jolly Buccaneer.

Back in the day when her ship 'The Jolly McMuffin' was docked at Deptford I fell for Careless Kate, a buxom wench who'd sailed the seven seas and pillaged and plundered worldwide. She showed me a side of life I never knew existed.

Was only some few hours before she set sail again, however, that Kate informed me her real name was Kenneth :eek:

But I'll never forget those pirates, splice the mainbrace me jolly brigands :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Lol Flops , yep the same people that make the rules cleaner than clean , straighter than a digital level, never crossed the law...Just need there pool cleaning bill paid by someone else....Who is it that wants pirates nailed..anyone any names...:).

Reaction score
Rush said:
Lol Flops , yep the same people that make the rules cleaner than clean , straighter than a digital level, never crossed the law...Just need there pool cleaning bill paid by someone else....Who is it that wants pirates nailed..anyone any names...:).

Theft is theft, makes no difference whether ya live on a ship or 3 houses...aaaaar
Cap'n Zed

Reaction score
No pirate software on my puter...Everything I have on here is paid for except Ccleaner, which is the only downloaded software I have.....All me music is paid for to...Mmm actually I did borrow a Nine Inch Nails from my brother and added it to iTunes, So I suppose that is pirated if you really want to be pedantic about it...:p

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Borrowed is definitely not stolen man.

How many computers do you have anyway??

1 x okish desktop
1 x Mac Pro desktop
2 x Acer Aspire laptops
And with all the Acer bits I have I could probably build another 2 Aspire laptops..Think they just need memory...

Reaction score
captain zed said:
And none of them have any freeware??

Only one has Paragon Partition Manager and Ccleaner....oh and Recuva...I try not to download any freeware or shareware, cause in the past that is where all my downfalls have been and when any of my computers have gone t*ts up...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Freeware isn't warezware though is it?

There's a difference and on this forum we're on dangerous ground discussing the naughty stuff, we don't want to get clobbered by the big guys see...

What freeware do I have, got me to thinking...

Antivir
Superantispyware
Foxit PDF reader
Winamp
Real Player Alternative
Quicktime Alternative
dbPoweramp
Audacity
Quickzip 4
TmNations Forever
XP Anti-Spy
MRU Blaster
Opera

And a few others I think prudent not to mention here ;)

That's quite a lot isn't it?

Reaction score
My biggest worry with freeware is the risk of downloading a dirty little virus or summat or a CTD(cyber transmitted disease LOL)....The piracy thing doesnt really bother me cos i figure i'm not downloading to earn money or any kind of gain.
There is actually real piracy goin on lately where ships are being taken over and such like.
I think its amazing in this day and age that they can get away with it.
Oooooaaaarrr
Zzzzz

Reaction score
I'd imagine somebody else must have used it before, surely....i'll google it and see what i get back.
pirate2wn0.gif
Zzzzz

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Admitting to be the 1st cyber person to have CTD , and then googling..c`mon m8 just take your seat in history....repurcussions could prove CU ..Cyber Unpleasent :)

Take a bow and silently, diligintley fade to the distance with a big broad grin ...knowing you are the one that.....

Ask a Question