Pin to Startmenu

in previous versions of Vista (Beta) it was possible to pin a network drive
to the Startmenu. I don't see a direct way in Vista Business final. I can pin
any application to the start menu and then edit the properties, but I wonder
if there is an easier solution?

And, if I want to pin applications automatically to the startmenu (I'm
responsible for software distribution in our company), where do I have to put
the links?

Regards
Sonja

One couldn't do it in XP by design.

You can't (easily anyway) as it is designed to prevent anyone but the user
from pinning items. This is because a lot of crappy programs added icons to
Quick Launch, top level Start, a folder in Start, an icon on the desktop,
and an app to run in System Notification area (not to mention toolbars).

Ramesh, MS-MVP

I thought you'd jump in.

<.> wrote in message One couldn't do it in XP by design.

You can't (easily anyway) as it is designed to prevent anyone but the user
from pinning items. This is because a lot of crappy programs added icons to
Quick Launch, top level Start, a folder in Start, an icon on the desktop,
and an app to run in System Notification area (not to mention toolbars).

thanks for your answers. I understand, that I cannot pin programms to start
menu automatically. But is it possible to pin a link to a network to the
start menu manually?

Regards
Sonja

Ramesh said:
I thought you'd jump in.

<.> wrote in message One couldn't do it in XP by design.

You can't (easily anyway) as it is designed to prevent anyone but the user
from pinning items. This is because a lot of crappy programs added icons to
Quick Launch, top level Start, a folder in Start, an icon on the desktop,
and an app to run in System Notification area (not to mention toolbars).

Hi,