Picture not publishing

ZootRot

FrontPage 2003

My site works fine on my PC, but when I publish it, one picture does not
publish properly (just a picture holder). All the other pictures publish
fine, and this pic was set up in the same way. I've tried edited and
replacing the picture to no avail.

Any thought on diagnosing or fixing the problem?

Ronx

Have you checked the case for the picture name and the link to it - if on a
Unix server they must be exactly the same.

Was the picture saved as RGB format - CMYK format will not display in a
browser.

Otherwise, give a link to the page with the missing image.

--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

RosaY

I have the same problem and I've tried everything I can think of. On one page
of my web site I have several photos. I entered them all in the same way, but
one--only one--of the photos will not show on the web site or in the
FrontPage Preview view. I've tried deleting and reentering, using a different
photo, reducing the size of the photo. Nothing helps. It's in jpg format as
are all the other photos on the page. I can't think of anything else to try.

2

20100208

It would help us to view your site on our machine. Have you got a link
to it?

Thanks.

2

20100208

RosaY said:
I have the same problem and I've tried everything I can think of. On one page
of my web site I have several photos. I entered them all in the same way, but
one--only one--of the photos will not show on the web site or in the
FrontPage Preview view. I've tried deleting and reentering, using a different
photo, reducing the size of the photo. Nothing helps. It's in jpg format as
are all the other photos on the page. I can't think of anything else to try.

Please give us a link to your site to view on our machines.

Tom Willett

More jabberwocky.

: If you link to fixing the problem give as a like to the webpage ok !
:
:
:
: "ZootRot" <[email protected]>
: wrote in message : > FrontPage 2003
: >
: > My site works fine on my PC, but when I publish it, one picture does not
: > publish properly (just a picture holder). All the other pictures
publish
: > fine, and this pic was set up in the same way. I've tried edited and
: > replacing the picture to no avail.
: >
: > Any thought on diagnosing or fixing the problem?
: >
: >

2

20100209

RosaY said:
I got the picture working (at least part of the time) by redoing the entire
page.
My site is www.erosesabin.com and the problem picture is on the Photos page.

I can see all your pictures on my machine. Which particular picture you
think isn't showing properly? Perhaps you have fixed everything in
which case congratulations and keep it up.

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

IF it's the pic with you and the two dogs;

http://www.erosesabin.com/GRAPHICS/with Belana and Kira.jpg

do not use spaces in file names, the will show as %20 as above link shows,
also don't use capitals or other illegal characters when naming folders and
files...stick to lower case and you can use a dash - or an underscore _ in
lieu of a space.

hth

--
Rob Giordano